Plan B

NorfolkNog

Only about 6 foot 9 under Wroxham Bridge and the pilot didn't fancy it. So Mrs Nog and I had a very pleasant walk along the railway line to Coltishall. Some grub and several gins in the Recruiting Sargent. Grub not cheap but very good. Mrs Nog's crab salad vanished faster than the gin :default_drink_2:

DSC_5725.JPG

DSC_5738.JPG

• Like 15

53 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Only about 6 foot 9 under Wroxham Bridge and the pilot didn't fancy it. So Mrs Nog and I had a very pleasant walk along the railway line to Coltishall. Some grub and several gins in the Recruiting Sargent. Grub not cheap but very good. Mrs Nog's crab salad vanished faster than the gin :default_drink_2:

DSC_5725.JPG

DSC_5738.JPG

One of our favourite places to eat, the food is always very good.We have also stayed there, and the breakfast is very very good.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

Certainly was!! Tower Bridge Simon. Great service from Bridgecraft as always. :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

Welcome back both of you.   At least this time you have brought us some sunshine.    Stay safe and have a fantastic time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YnysMon said:

How long are you down for? Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures.

Hi Helen 

Down till next Tuesday. Just having a rest after walking to Coltishall and back but will be bouncing back soon :default_beerchug:

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Hylander said:

You obviously had a long walk.      How long did it take you?

Ha ha! It's about 3 miles. Took us about 50 minutes there and just over an hour back but Mrs N had been sampling the gin in RS and also the Red Lion where the landlady opened early for us :default_icon_luvlove:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

Maybe, for lunch only. The Bure Valley Railway could help those unable to transit Wroxham Bridge??

Only going from Wroxham to Aylesham, no intermediate stops at the mo. Nothing getting through by the look of it. 

• Thanks 1

All quiet and peaceful in Faircraft Loynes this morning. No engines running.........yet.....:default_2gunsfiring_v1:

Two boats moored outside the hotel. 20 quid a pop apperently. 

Visited the hotel last night. Not cheap but the Lacons and Humpty Dumpty were in fine fettle and Mrs Nog sampled the flavoured vodka. :default_beerchug:

Full marks to the Hotel for the great bar service and most importantly, they didn't boot us out early :default_icon_bowdown:

DSC_5770.JPG

DSC_5772.JPG

• Like 5

All quiet in Faircraft Loynes yard now. Not too many of their boats out by the look of it. I think Richardsons have really cornered the market this week by the look of it. Lot of their lower priced boats out too. Fortunately Bridgecraft give excellent value for the quality.

DSC_1981.JPG

• Like 4

Morning Mr and Mrs Nog. I walked past the yard yesterday and thought I spied a Bridgecraft coloured boat tucked away at the back. NBD are taking up most of the car park moorings. There were only a couple of spaces where other craft were moored. 

Have a lovely day wherever it takes you.  :default_drink_2:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

All quiet and peaceful in Faircraft Loynes this morning. No engines running.........yet.....:default_2gunsfiring_v1:

Two boats moored outside the hotel. 20 quid a pop apperently. 

Visited the hotel last night. Not cheap but the Lacons and Humpty Dumpty were in fine fettle and Mrs Nog sampled the flavoured vodka. :default_beerchug:

Full marks to the Hotel for the great bar service and most importantly, they didn't boot us out early :default_icon_bowdown:

DSC_5770.JPG

DSC_5772.JPG

Again one of our favourite places to eat and drink,stay.Not the cheapest but the quality is up there with the RS, we dont mind paying if its good and we enjoy it .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SwanR said:

I spied a Bridgecraft coloured boat tucked away at the back.

That would have been us Jean! I think many folk look at the front part and don't venture down near the crane which is usually the best place to moor. 

• Like 1

I guess you are staying Up North this time Howard?        Wish I had looked at the web cam at HW earlier.     

We went over to Reedham on the Ferry this morning    Coming back we were accompanied by umpteen cyclists all with their gear on.  The Ferry Man was telling us that later in the month they have 100 booked to cross on The Ferry.     More energy than us.    They must have the same diet as these paddle boarders.

• Like 2