Bk Windows.

OldBerkshireBoy

I see BK Windows are now sponsors of the forum, Kevin at BK refurbed all of my old and leaking windows some 4-5 yrs back and between him and Paul (Swancraft/Shadow boats) they did a great job. The work was water tight and neatly done first time and I havent had one leak since. For those that dont know Kevin he has a wealth of knowledge collected over many years. Single glazed, double glazed and tinted so well worth talking too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

Great to see another new forum sponsor 

However, can someone on the Tech team check - presumably clicking on the ad should take you to the sponsors website, but it is just going back to the forum homepage instead. I think a small tweek is needed with the code ?

Their web page isn't up and running yet, soon as they have the site will be updated.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

BK were the third company I called requesting a quote, the 1st was honest and said unless I took the windows to him he wasn't really interested as too busy - quite a character although I won't repeat his advice on life after divorce!! :default_shocked1animated:   The 2nd was hard to get hold of, tried to arrange a couple of dates but never returned calls so I gave up.

Paul from BK replied pretty much straightaway, visited the boat and gave a reasonable quote.  My boat is actually the first one in the our work section where he rebuilt my 2 skylights, currently waiting for the saloon windows to be replaced with new as they are in a sorry state.

They have been in regular contact throughout and so far the work and advice has been excellent so I can recommend them. 

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/01/2024 at 20:09, NeilB said:

BK were the third company I called requesting a quote, the 1st was honest and said unless I took the windows to him he wasn't really interested as too busy - quite a character although I won't repeat his advice on life after divorce!! :default_shocked1animated:   The 2nd was hard to get hold of, tried to arrange a couple of dates but never returned calls so I gave up.

Paul from BK replied pretty much straightaway, visited the boat and gave a reasonable quote.  My boat is actually the first one in the our work section where he rebuilt my 2 skylights, currently waiting for the saloon windows to be replaced with new as they are in a sorry state.

They have been in regular contact throughout and so far the work and advice has been excellent so I can recommend them. 

I notice on their BK website that the boats featured are all Shadow Boats (Swancraft) and the yard photo is theirs. You mention Paul you spoke to, is this Paul Crampton? If so that's Shadow /Swancraft, in which case you would be in very safe hands of a highly knowledgeable perfectionist. Paul built our boat in 2008 and has maintained her from new. A beautiful boat that I wouldn't swap for any other. 

15 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I emailed and not yet had a reply,  must be a couple of weeks now, not a good response. 

Hi @Smoggy, I mentioned this to Paul last night and he was sure that every enquiry had received a response. Might it be in spam folder or he asks that you use sales@swancraft.co.uk as an alternative to reach him.

7 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Hi @Smoggy, I mentioned this to Paul last night and he was sure that every enquiry had received a response. Might it be in spam folder or he asks that you use sales@swancraft.co.uk as an alternative to reach him.

I just hunted through my sent folder with a view to resending and I can't find it, my head wasn't very good when I emailed as I was suffering from a chest infection so I may have typed it and hit the wrong button, not even in drafts folder so....

Sorry Paul I may have blamed you for not replying to an email I didn't send :default_blush: please try and brush up on your psychic abilities to cater for idiots like me. :default_biggrin:

I'll try again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I just hunted through my sent folder with a view to resending and I can't find it, my head wasn't very good when I emailed as I was suffering from a chest infection so I may have typed it and hit the wrong button, not even in drafts folder so....

Sorry Paul I may have blamed you for not replying to an email I didn't send :default_blush: please try and brush up on your psychic abilities to cater for idiots like me. :default_biggrin:

I'll try again.

Oops!  Must try harder!  :default_smile:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Sorry Paul I may have blamed you for not replying to an email I didn't send :default_blush: 

I'll try again.

This why some meds say Do Not Operate Machinery! :facepalm:

• Haha 4

Gotta say I've had a very prompt reply and likely to get measured up on its mooring during the week, can't argue with that. 

Nice one Paul!

Don't it work better when you actually send the sodding email.:default_blush:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1