Spring Meet May 2024

Boatyman

• 1 month later...

I can confirm that NBN Spring Meet 2024 will be over the weekend of 18/05 and 19/05 .

If those members wishing to have moorings reserved for them could post on this thread when they know they will be attending and for how many nights please so we can book the appropriate amount of mooring spaces .

As in previous years it will be an informal social gathering , there will be a fun quiz (hopefully our honoured treasurer will volunteer to set it again , hint hint) .

It would be wonderful if any of our members were able to provide some live entertainment , again please let us know on here if you feel able to offer this .

Previous years we have had members bringing delicious homemade cakes , and biscuits again please do so again , the more the merrier .

Also don’t forget if you’re not afloat that weekend you can also join in the fun by foot or even camp on the on-site camp site 

• Like 4

Springer’s Retreat - Kate and Finlay, and any guests I might drag along.
2 nights, Fri and Sat. 

Should we get a polypin or two from Woodforde’s? Not sure how many are beer drinkers, rather than other stuff. 

I can’t provide a band, but if we are stuck, I do have a whole song book of folksongs and could copy some of the funnier/more well known ones, - wild rover, tarrier’s drill, queenie etc etc for a bit of fun to learn and sing once well oiled! I do even have a guitar somewhere. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, kpnut said:

Springer’s Retreat - Kate and Finlay, and any guests I might drag along.
2 nights, Fri and Sat. 

I was going to be cheeky and ask if we could join you again Kate, as we had a brilliant time this year. However, I’m going to be away so many Sundays in late May/ early June as it is, and I don’t want to let church down re: the organ for yet another Sunday. I’ve got a choir visit to Worcester on 25/26th and then we have a fortnight on MS from 31st. 

• Like 1

You would, of course, be more than welcome. Let’s see how it goes nearer the time. I might have my boat buddie, Judith, with me. We could always do an overspill and book a tent in too. I’m more than happy to use my tent, it’s really cosy. 
I just hope Finlay is on better form, I don’t want any middle of the night wanderings with him again. 

• Like 2

On 29/10/2023 at 16:07, CambridgeCabby said:

I can confirm that NBN Spring Meet 2024 will be over the weekend of 18/05 and 19/05 .

If those members wishing to have moorings reserved for them could post on this thread when they know they will be attending and for how many nights please so we can book the appropriate amount of mooring spaces .

As in previous years it will be an informal social gathering , there will be a fun quiz (hopefully our honoured treasurer will volunteer to set it again , hint hint) .

It would be wonderful if any of our members were able to provide some live entertainment , again please let us know on here if you feel able to offer this .

Previous years we have had members bringing delicious homemade cakes , and biscuits again please do so again , the more the merrier .

Also don’t forget if you’re not afloat that weekend you can also join in the fun by foot or even camp on the on-site camp site 

San Rafael.  Alan(aka Happy) and Eve and Purdey the dog.  Friday and Saturday night please.  Not sure about cooking but will bring a couple of bottles of wine for the raffle, or whatever!  How do I pay?  Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have pencilled in the date, but will make my way there overland.

Guess I could transport my boat up from the RGO, but it might be a bit pricey just for a weekend. 

Having said that, the Broom Owners Club is having a 20th anniversary pageant the next weekend, so I could leave it on the Broads for a couple of weeks and go to both !

• Like 2

Our treasurer has now booked the Salhouse moorings for the NBN 2024 Spring meet for the weekend of 18th and 19th of May currently we have reserved 20 mooring spaces for each date .

I will post the cost when this has been confirmed by Salhouse Broad and post the names that have said they intend to attend , when members are able to confirm they will be attending may we request the mooring payment (when confirmed) is made by using the donate button at the bottom of the NBN home page , last year a few members that had requested a mooring did not attend leaving the forum to pay for the unpaid moorings .

When payment is made please use forum avatar as the reference followed by boat name .

Thank you 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All, 

I'll do a slight deal if anyone  wants to hire a boat from Horning Pleasurecraft...

message me,  depending on duration it will probably be about 5% same as the early loyalty offer we are currently running.. 

Sorry its not 40% but our prices are low enough already!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, C.Ricko said:

Hi All, 

I'll do a slight deal if anyone  wants to hire a boat from Horning Pleasurecraft...

message me,  depending on duration it will probably be about 5% same as the early loyalty offer we are currently running.. 

Sorry its not 40% but our prices are low enough already!

Bit bloody late now!  :facepalm: But thanks anyway

• Haha 1