Having Replacement Bones

Hi I just had a whole Right Knee Replacement last week and others in the past such as a Whole Hip Replacement Two Years Ago before that Whole Left Knee Replacement four years ago as to all these Three things now have been done Could I still come with a partner or would it be better for  a whole Crew

• Like 1

I have two friends who’ve both been on my boat with replacement hips. They seemed to manage fine. 
I suppose it’s all dependent on your actual mobility; with new joints you might well be more mobile than other people with their old worn-out ones. 

I have two replacement hips and one replacement knee, the latter done only four years ago when I was 71. As long as you follow all the rules, look after and constantly exercise the joints as instructed, all will be good. Clambering on and off a boat is a good stretching exercise - within reason of course!

One consistant thing I've heard from people who have had replacement joints is the immense relief from the pain. I would have no fear if I ever needed one.

FIL had a ceramic hip so early in his life that he wore it out! His knees went but by that time they advised his heart probably wouldn't stand the strain of the ops. Poor sod took the pain well without complaint. He played a lot of sport in his younger days, a fast bowler for the local cricket team, and football every weekend.

Sorry Carole, it's not funny but that last sentence did make me giggle. My dads prosthetic leg sets off alarms in some stores and so far staff have kindly realised why and not approached us. When you think about it, we could make a ruddy fortune in stolen goods :default_biggrin: x

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When we went to the E-Grand Pix last summer I kept setting the security alarm off and had to have a bag search everytime we went back ito the arena. My son and grandson thought it was hilarious. I think I may have been born with a replacement hip? :default_icon_liar:

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, floydraser said:

He played a lot of sport in his younger days, a fast bowler for the local cricket team, and football every weekend.

I watch people my age (60s) jogging and can’t help wondering if they are doing more harm than good to their joints. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, YnysMon said:

I watch people my age (60s) jogging and can’t help wondering if they are doing more harm than good to their joints. 

Absolutely. Gentle walking for about 15 minutes minimum to get heat body generating is enough for us. They reckon swimming is a good one but I have no budgie smugglers so that's out.