Wroxham Bridge Height

Happy

Thanks Jean :1311_thumbsup_tone2: no sign of it abating either :default_crying1animated: I think the pilots exercise caution and won't take you through if there's a risk you might not get back. 

Cancel my last post, looks like you're walking Mrs Nog :default_norty:

• Haha 2

I think it's neaps at the moment, Yarmouth was 9'6" at low water, and project troll shows the tidal range has decreased. That said passage through GY was smooth, with very little outgoings current.

I passed Tower Bridge on one the moorings in Wroxham/Hoveton this morning but reckoned it couldn’t be the right Tower Bridge for you Howard as last time I heard you were pubcrawling down south. I presumed there must be more than one. Now I know you’re north again I’ll keep another eye out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kpnut said:

I passed Tower Bridge on one the moorings in Wroxham/Hoveton this morning but reckoned it couldn’t be the right Tower Bridge for you Howard as last time I heard you were pubcrawling down south. I presumed there must be more than one. Now I know you’re north again I’ll keep another eye out. 

Hi Kate no, that was us, we would have just been dropped off by the pilot, sorry didn't spot you. We went up to Coltishall soon after but didn't see you there. Came back through Yarmouth on Saturday. Only have a week so trying to make the most of it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 19/05/2024 at 19:56, NorfolkNog said:

Hi Kate no, that was us, we would have just been dropped off by the pilot, sorry didn't spot you. We went up to Coltishall soon after but didn't see you there. Came back through Yarmouth on Saturday. Only have a week so trying to make the most of it. 

Hi Howard.  What air draft were you?   At 7'1" we did'nt risk it but still had an enjoyable trip withb a further 5 days in a Suffolk cottage.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, Happy said:

Hi Howard.  What air draft were you?   At 7'1" we did'nt risk it but still had an enjoyable trip withb a further 5 days in a Suffolk cottage.

Tower Bridge is quoted at 6'10" there looked to be a bit spare on top of that as we went through. The boat is a 35' centre Alphacraft. The Pilot took a fairly short run. You may have got through at a pinch but probably wisest not to risk it! 

Glad you had a good trip anyway including sunny Suffolk! :default_biggrin:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, SwanR said:

In case it is useful for anyone the bridge height marker is currently showing just over 6’ at 17.00. Can’t see 6’3. 

Ouch, that seems a big change since Howard's photo a week yesterday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SwanR said:

In case it is useful for anyone the bridge height marker is currently showing just over 6’ at 17.00. Can’t see 6’3. 

Well, how relieved am I that I got under this morning in that case! 

• Like 4

Jean - look at the tidal predictions and the wind direction! Its been blowing from a Northerly direction all week and in places we have had, overall, quite a bit of rain falling on very wet ground. With tides being quite high offshore, it won't be going anywhere quickly although the winds are due to lessen this weekend, change to a more southerly direction, and with pressure rising it should help a bit - don't expect much change short term in my view ( however little value that is!)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would check this out given the wind and rain over the last few days. 

Just a tad over 6 feet about 13.00 today. But definitely couldn’t see the 6’3 line. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1