On The Water As Of Tomorrow.

Smoggy

Woohoo a week off at last! :default_biggrin:

Was hoping to get down the coast somewhere but windguru website is hinting towards a week on the southern rivers, that'll do, at least it's a week away from anything about the bloody forthcoming election.

If you see Snowbird about give us a wave. :default_icon_wave:

I'll try and better your bar tab Nogster! :default_beerchug:

• Like 4

Affecting the northern rivers - Thurne Open Regatta, round Thurne mouth, guessing down towards Acle and and up towards St Benets.
First race 10am Saturday.Β 

Big marquee is up, lots of people beavering away this afternoon). I think it was there for last weeks racing too. The carpark is accessed from the right angled road corner below the church in Thurne.Β 

• Like 1

I’ve got my kids on board from tomorrow night until Tuesday, depending on tides and weather I may head south on the Wednesday for a couple of days.

• Like 2

I'm up just for the day on SaturdayΒ 

Its the Broom Owners Club 20th anniversary meet up, with a C-in-C of 40 odd boats from BrundallΒ 

Heading back to St.Ives Saturday evening to spend the rest of the long weekend aboard A Frayed Knot

• Like 2

Isn’t it delightful that so many people will be afloat this weekend. We have just one more week until our next trip on Moonlight Shadow. Mind you, this weekend will be busy…another cathedral visit.Β :default_biggrin:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

Its the Broom Owners Club 20th anniversary meet up, with a C-in-C of 40 odd boats from BrundallΒ 

Looking forward to seeing that go past.

Any idea what sort of time it is leaving.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ExSurveyor said:

Looking forward to seeing that go past.

Any idea what sort of time it is leaving.

Boats are assembling from around 10:00, leaving from the Tingdene Marina, with the pageant actually starting at 11:00 and sailing up to Surlingham Ferry House.Β  They will stop and turn around, returning to Tingdene from around 12:30 onwardsΒ Β 

The convoy will be divided up into 6 "squadrons" making up the 40 odd boats in total, and should be quite a sight to watch !

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kpnut said:

Affecting the northern rivers - Thurne Open Regatta, round Thurne mouth, guessing down towards Acle and and up towards St Benets.

Big marquee is up, lots of people beavering away this afternoon). I think it was there for last weeks racing too. The carpark is accessed from the right angled road corner below the church in Thurne.Β 

And many competitors after completion of Thurne regatta on monday, will move their boats up to Horning Sailing club for the 3 Rivers Race the following Saturday 1st June..

Β 

20 hours ago, Bikertov said:

Boats are assembling from around 10:00, leaving from the Tingdene Marina, with the pageant actually starting at 11:00 and sailing up to Surlingham Ferry House.Β  They will stop and turn around, returning to Tingdene from around 12:30 onwardsΒ Β 

The convoy will be divided up into 6 "squadrons" making up the 40 odd boats in total, and should be quite a sight to watch !

Could we have some photos of this please I’d love to see it in person but we have a family wedding Saturday 😩I’d rather be watching boats lolΒ 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Roy said:

Could we have some photos of this please I’d love to see it in person but we have a family wedding Saturday 😩I’d rather be watching boats lolΒ 

I will take some and post them up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23/05/2024 at 18:50, kpnut said:

Thanks for the heads up Kate. We were going to have a pootle along to Potter Heigham mid morning tomorrow but I might change my plans. Nothing spoiling. Just following the end of my nose.Β 

13 minutes ago, Troyboy said:

Thanks for the heads up Kate. We were going to have a pootle along to Potter Heigham mid morning tomorrow but I might change my plans. Nothing spoiling. Just following the end of my nose.Β 

I’ve been meaning to ask you (I probably have already and can’t remember) what boat you’re on and when until , so I can keep an eye out for you.Β 

1 hour ago, Roy said:

I will take some from the boat I will be onΒ 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ExSurveyor said:

I can take photos of you taking photos of me 😁

What boat are you on.

I amΒ in "Squadron 2" on an Ocean 42 called Albatros V, skippered by an ex-Broom boat builder, who is also a boat surveyor and BSS examiner I think.Β 

No doubt I will be making the most of the time, by asking him all about Broom builds and my electrics

According to the timings, we are the 3rd boat in our squadron, which is due to pass the entrance to Tingdene at 10:55

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bikertov said:

I amΒ in "Squadron 2" on an Ocean 42 called Albatros V, skippered by an ex-Broom boat builder, who is also a boat surveyor and BSS examiner I think.

A man whose ancestors probably weren't especially tall?

13 minutes ago, Bikertov said:

Lol - how do you know who he is ??

From the description of him, plus knowing he owned a larger Broom. I've not actually met him in person, but have dealt with him in a professional capacity. Should be a good day. You get to cruise in style plus the bonus of insider knowledge about Brooms.