Harvester pubs in Norfolk ?

Clive, spot on, they sure do. I have used lots in the Dorset area when on Holiday. One in particular near Boscombe. M&B have sold off alot of their Innkeepers chain to Travelodge, and maybe are concentrating in the Midlands where they are based? The Swan Inn at Horning is also one of their chain but under the Toby Carvery chain I think. My one complaint about their grub (Harvesters) is, its all a bit samey, and the chips eneamic. 

cheers Iain.

When were you down in Boscombe Iain?.

If it`s the Boscombe in Bournemouth, we`re not too far from there.

When were you down in Boscombe Iain?.

If it`s the Boscombe in Bournemouth, we`re not too far from there.

I use to fly down regulary from Prestwick to Bournemouth till Ryanair stopped it grrrr Met up with friends from Hampshire. Stayed at the then new Travelodge just outside B/mouth on the way to Boscombe. Toured the area. Boscombe being flat and having TJ Hughes for bargains before it closed, I could walk no problem then. Happy times, miss that flight a lot.

xmas6 Iain.

I use to fly down regulary from Prestwick to Bournemouth till Ryanair stopped it grrrr Met up with friends from Hampshire. Stayed at the then new Travelodge just outside B/mouth on the way to Boscombe. Toured the area. Boscombe being flat and having TJ Hughes for bargains before it closed, I could walk no problem then. Happy times, miss that flight a lot.

xmas6 Iain.

Hi Iain,

I probably saw you fly in / out, as i work at Bournemouth Airport, and have done for nearly 12 years. Karen used to work in Boscombe, and to be honest, it`s NOT the most desirable of areas, as it has a bit of a reputation. We used to go to TJ Hughes for things, but hav`nt been there for about a year, well only while driving through.

When i first came down here for work, i bumped into a girl who i was at school with, and she owned a chippie in Boscombe, so it was chips every Monday for me. The thing is, we both were born and grew up in North Kent, so it was a total surprise to bump into her in one of the pubs. When Karen and i got together, i stopped going in the chippie because i moved into Karen flat in Parkstone in Poole, which after that she gave up and moved away.

Karen and i then sold both our flats and Bought our Bungalow here in West moors, and while in one of the local pubs for lunch one sunny day, imagine my surprise when we bumped into this girl again (and her fella). It turns out she also bought a bungalow in the same village.

Small world eh?. 

If you ever get another cheap flight down to here again, PM me, and we could arrange a meet up.

• Like 1

I was being polite about B/combe, but it suited me with the car park behind Sainsburys. I have written several times to Ryanair regarding that flight, in the hope that it could be resurected. The airport was in the throws of being upgraded when I last took off on a very windy night about 10.30pm! It was very useful for the Scottish RNLI crews (west coast) to get to Poole Headquarters.

xmas6 Iain

• Like 1

Oh yes!  Never mind the Scots referendum, I'm demanding independence for the People's Republic of North Norfolk.  There's going to be a Citizenship test based on the lyrics of Allan Smethurst and Sid Kipper!

Allan might have talked proper but was he Norfolk born? No, another foreigner!!

Is Norfolk the grain basket of England or . . . . . . . . . . .  :wave

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allan_Smethurst

Bring back Steward & Patterson, Morgans and Bullards!

I forgot all about this thread,but the big chains are looking in Norfolk and love em or loath them. There is a demand.Hungry Horse is building on the north side of Norwich,Witherspoons and Travelodge are in talks with North Norfolk Council ,so who knows?It may be the new road has made a difference,we came from North Walsham to the Mi1 in two and a half hours yesterday never dreamed it could happen for us .

I forgot all about this thread,but the big chains are looking in Norfolk and love em or loath them. There is a demand.Hungry Horse is building on the north side of Norwich,Witherspoons and Travelodge are in talks with North Norfolk Council ,so who knows?It may be the new road has made a difference,we came from North Walsham to the Mi1 in two and a half hours yesterday never dreamed it could happen for us .

Roy,

It takes me over two hours just to cross into England! :naughty: Those Hungry Horse places are cheap as chips, literaly! :naughty:

xmas6 Iain.

• 1 month later...

Norfolk was never the same after the big, London breweries, Watneys in particular, moved in. Their 'Red' was worse than ullage, urghh!

JM,

I always thought Watneys were a bilge cleaner company, their beer sure tasted like it! Yuk!

cheers Iain

As dreadful as this sounds to some.. I think a harvester at stacey arms would be good..  :hardhat: sorry but I think it would; there's limited restaurants there and I think it would help make it a destination.  Maybe one day.

I / we do eat at harvester in Kent and in Beccles. If there was a harvester at stacey arms I think it would be brilliant. By road and by river great access for all. If you look at most harvesters at lunchtime they are busy / full and if you look at Beccles one, that is always busy even in the evening cheersbar .

If you look at the McD at the junction of the A47 and Brundall, when they were building it, I said no way would that be busy. I was wrong and we even get a breakfast in there during the winter months ( I have a food intolerant) I can only have a toasted bagel + jam. A very busy drive though and seating inside :clap .

We need more places to eat with moorings on the river Bure  cheers .

Regards

Marina   :Stinky

• Like 2

I thought the closest harvester was in Lowestoft, there is a place called the Harvester club in Beccles. Due you mean the Wetherspoons Marina? I use both Harvester and Wetherspoons at times as well as others. My favorite is the Lavendar House in Brundell, but I can't afford to eat there as often as I could the others. I would welcome a Harvester in the area, but then I only go there on holiday.

EDITED for Speeeelinggg correction

Hello Maxwelliam, yes you are right I got the two mixed up. I / we like wetherspoons more than harvester  :naughty: , but if you had been cruising all day and wanted / needed something to eat a harvester would be better than nothing  cheersbar

What is the Lavendar House like to eat in there?

Can I just ask, because I have missed out on this conversation, is there a place which has been mention for a harvester on the Broads?

Regards

Marina   :Stinky 

• Like 1

Well Grace sadly thats no a very guid link am afraid. Even I canny unnerstawn an Eberdonian when he is brahms inclind tae lizt :naughty:

When my cousins (scousers) came into a Ayr pub early evening they understood all that was being said, by 9pm they KNEW they were in a foreign land, they hadny a clue what was being said, as we speek then at a hunnermilesanoor :naughty:

I am sure the Admiral could confirm this if he was online lol

cheers Iain.

• Like 2