Harvester pubs in Norfolk ?

Harvester buy pubs,! I wonder if this popular chain will move up into Norfolk ? Very few of this format of pub / family resturant exist North of Norwich and I am sure they would do well in Wroxham ,and along the coast ,Cromer and beyond providing an affordable option for families ,particularly those on holiday .

http://www.edp24.co.uk/business/harvester_owners_seals_266m_deal_1_3644198

Toby Beacon Pk thats were we stay night before picking up the boat. Harvester pub near us is great. They have a take away option which we use more after been out for the day, order 20 mins away and collect it beats normal take away fast food.

It does surprise me that there aren't any near to the broads... They do have quite a good and varied menu and the bonus of a takeaway service.

Brewers Fayre is the other chain that we often use.

Clive, spot on, they sure do. I have used lots in the Dorset area when on Holiday. One in particular near Boscombe. M&B have sold off alot of their Innkeepers chain to Travelodge, and maybe are concentrating in the Midlands where they are based? The Swan Inn at Horning is also one of their chain but under the Toby Carvery chain I think. My one complaint about their grub (Harvesters) is, its all a bit samey, and the chips eneamic. 

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Can't think of anything nastier than pub chains like Harvester coming to my home county. Shove 'orf back to London; local pubs, run by local people, serving good quality local ale and food is what we want!

But at harvester prices....

Bobdog they aint from London, they are from here........Mitchell's and Butlers headquarters. Company addressMitchells &Butlers plc 27 Fleet Street Birmingham B3 1JP UK. I agree with your local pubs objective, but the prices in Norfolk are much dearer than up North.

cheers Iain.

the prices in Norfolk are much dearer than up North.

Quite right too!  If you foreigners want to come and enjoy Nelson's fine county, then you should pay royally for the privilege   :pirate .  And wait till you folk of the Scottish persuasion need passports to be allowed in - we'll start charging for visas!

• Like 1

Quite right too!  If you foreigners want to come and enjoy Nelson's fine county, then you should pay royally for the privilege   :pirate .  And wait till you folk of the Scottish persuasion need passports to be allowed in - we'll start charging for visas!

Perhaps a touche insular/xenophobic, Bob?  :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

• Like 1

Ah so you huvny sampled 60,000 Scots desending on your area in wan go then? (Wembley has) Can you type that many visas in wan go? :naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty: Just think petrol 50p a litre!! FREE Whisky for all Scots, Canny wait! :pirate  :wave

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

"Oh yes!  Never mind the Scots referendum, I'm demanding independence for the People's Republic of North Norfolk.  There's going to be a Citizenship test based on the lyrics of Allan Smethurst and Sid Kip"

Right Iain we'll sign a truce, skip sealing it with a kiss, raise an army which will have two anthems, "Flower of Scotland" and "Keep Right on to the End of the Road", and go and give 'um a damn good conquering! :piratetwo guns:teddy:

Keith :bow:)

• Like 1

Oh Keith I canny stawn the sight of blood! :naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty:  If Bobdog thinks am bad, it gets worse....am HALF Welsh too!!! :naughty: Aye, Celtic thru n thru ! Oh you canny beat a guid bit of banter so yeah canny! The Flower of Scotland song and words, certainly helped towards all the Indy bit, of that I am sure. Ah weel, unner a hunner days now till a pit ma X doon on a dod of paper!

If this is Moded..I fully unnerstawn fur why! :bow

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

Doesn't matter where the invaders come from, we know how to deal with them, oh yes!

Come all of you stout Norfolk folk, and all the thin ones also,

For we must fight a foe as big as ever - if not more so.

For there's a threat we all must face, from Massingham to Mundham;

They are a most pernicious race, those dreadful folk from London.

But Dumplings all, no matter what,

Will always be the ones on top.

It is well known to Norfolk folk that Londoners have rabies;

They talk a foreign language and they eat each others' babies.

They think all birds are 'sparras', and the privy is a toilet;

They reckon Norfolk's all unspoilt, so then they come and spoil it.

Now we keep hearing, on the news, that London is so favoured;

If they believe that well, I mean, why don't they all just stay there?

They come and live in all our barns, creating homeless hens,

Then insult all our women folk by not seducing them.

It's not 'cos they complain like hell when we go spreading muck;

It's just that they don't have the sense to simply learn to duck.

It's not 'cos they are pale of skin, while we are ruddy faced -

It's just that now they've bought it all they think they own the place.

Now we won't burn their houses down, that's not the way for us;

We won't attack them in the streets - we can't abide a fuss.

But there's a way we've used before to get what we are needing;

Let's turn them into Norfolk folk by lots of interbreeding!

But Dumplings all, no matter what,

Will always be the ones on top.

• Like 3

Nice one Bob, you missed a bit though. :clap

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs’d they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.

Keith ;)

And tae think this awe sterted wi the Harvesters! Off thread? Nah Never! :naughty: To the person who started the original thread my sincere apologies.

Grace, that's watered down Ayrshire speek, if you were in a pub in deepest Ayrshire you would require someone to translate for you. :naughty: Oh BTW I can talk posh too, but, why should I? lol

cheers Iain.

Apologies accepted ,I like to see a good discussion but I had forgotten what I originally posted ???

Having lots of family outings we find you have to use these chains for affordable outings.On the river or out on our own we use local pubs and restaurants .Families on holiday could not afford to eat out at many of our local quality eateries

• Like 4