new boats for 2015

Hi Jeff. I believe it's this one as they are now agents for them.

http://www.norfolkboatsales.co.uk/used-boats/english-harbour-yacht-27-english-harbour-yacht-27-255.asp

That is one ugly boat, much like a lot of modern designs, which seem designed in a weird way just to be different.  I also think they`ve crammend in too many berths, in a small area. Each to his or her own as they say, but if i won 8 figures on the lottery, i certainly would`nt be buying one of them.

Funny how different people have different tastes, the English Harbour Yachts 27 I think look great because they don't just copy the same old look of many other smaller boats out there.

Because they have a nice height and hull shape they look elegant outside and inside have a lot of light and a nice bright finish to the woodwork.  Many boats of this size try to bring bigger boat looks into a smaller space ,as if smaller boats have smaller people inside .  Adam Greenwood designed these boats and he used to be the head designer for Fairline for many years so knows a thing or two about boats.

That said £117,000+  for what is effectively an aft cockpit river boat is steep - as if I have that kind of Wonga to really have an opinion on prices ha! But I would say this is for the person who has a larger boat in the marina but likes on fine days to pop out in the open top weekender  on the rivers without it needing to be overly sporty or powerful.

The best boats at the Southampton show a few years back were the Antaris range (not to be confused with the Benneteau Antares range) Sadly, when we went last year, the ones i like look like they`re no longer in production.

We had a look on their Antaris 720 which was a great little boat for 2, and with a classic design.

They still make a 29 foot cabin cruiser, but with only a twin cabin and heads in the cabin. The weird thing is the galley and living accomodation is all in the huge cockpit.

That said, their range of open launches have a nice look to them, just not the sort of thing i`d want though.