Could Jon at Wayford find room for this?

Timbo

Eric,

Me too also. that Export wiz guid stuff. Orkney Dark Island was invented IF I can call it that, by no less than a Yorkshireman. who had gone up there to assist in the recipe of the beer. 

The lad when I met him, worked at the Tetley Brewery Wharf in Leeds.

That boat would be ideal ferrying over punters to Orkney, Kirkwall, on a CALM day :naughty:

cheers Iain.

Hi Alan,

We did the Brewery Wharf Experience it was called in early 90's. My brother in law told me to go and see it, as he had been to collect ideas for the new, at that time unopened Sellafield Visitors Centre. Basically as much hands on items as you could think of then, for school parties and such like.

Back though to Tim's thread. Not fair going off thread with such a lovely boat. :bow

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

naw jon is anti royal, only royall i support is the posh superb briiliant boats  in wroxham 

orange and white for me .......................................royall and sons....................

not some two minute used by some numbtie queen and scounging tax dodging claiming largest dole famaily in uk 

grrrrrr..........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........................

• Like 3

Engine, some say electric, some say a yanmar diesel, whatever it is, the picture shows it is powered by 14 oars power.

I would love to see that going up the Ant on a Saturday afternoon on a bank holiday...

We actually saw the boat on the Thames before the pageant at Richmond, when we were visiting friends.

Or one that looked very similar.

Richard

• Like 1

Everyone calls it Wroxham though ;-)

Hi John,

Its a bit like the Ranworth Broad & Malthouse Broad.

We all know the correct names, but in the grand scheme does it really matter if some people get them wrong.

I am in favour of the Hylda Baker terminology myself, it covers a multitude of sins.

Regards

Alan