Broads Tourism

JennyMorgan

Unfortunately, we now live in a world where the simple concept of "advertising" has been inflated into complex sounding processes such as "re-branding" and "re-launching", adding to consumer costs and/or cutting business profit margins.

Ever changing gimmicks, logos, slogans, catch phrases are now a growing overhead for us all, even with previously stead and reserved businesses like Banks.

I agree with Andy's post, the Broads is simply what it is, a National Park and area of outstanding beauty that you can cruise through in a boat, and actually live afloat in, either for a week or a lifetime.

It either appeals to people or it doesn't. 

Advertise, by all means, but "re-branding" won't make it any more attractive than it already is.

Rebranding can, if viewed in a certain way, be an admission of failure coupled with a belief that what you already have is somehow wrong. 

It's not at all unlike the other thread here about Anglia Afloat. 

There is nothing wrong with re-branding is that is what is truly needed. Rebranding is nothing new and an essential tool in many instances, but far from all. 

Andy, Strow,

Please permit me to clarify the situation for you.

Rebranding the broads can only happen after the reinvention has completed, and cannot be successful until they have identified with the customer base. Out of the box thinking will be needed if they are going to relate to the wide spectrum of centres in this new proactive age. Concentration on diversity will be essential when deciding the whole raft of measures necessary for the empowerment of the relevant authorities.

It is important that they look forward to the future whilst not forgetting to look back at history, and must remember that lessens need to be learned. When they are able to facilitate the facilities needed, and have reached out to those beyond their scope they will be able to draw a line under all the ring fenced issues and start to have closure on those matters previously red circled.

I am certain that nobody here doubts that this is the way forwards in both journalism and politics. 

I think I am with Polly on this. The watery landscape is stunning, the local villages less so. And I live in Potter. Incidentally people go on about the Potter village centre and I wonder what they really believe is the centre. I live the other side of the by-pass, up by the village church, and imho it is much nicer there than around that awful Latham's building! Potter's waterside is a disgrace, although it has been slowly improving.

If I want quiet walks around the back of the Broads then they are on my doorstep and I love it. I also love the North Norfolk coast and places like Aylsham and Holt. That though is not the Broads and there are not many villages on the Broads that I would head to for some r an r.

I love Norfolk and the Broads but the latter lacks that overall feel of a NP. It is not like the Peaks and areas in the SW. Not imho. I would not live anywhere else though.

The roads aren't great, Dave, but they aren't terrible either. The A11 is hugely improved and the A47 from the A11 is more than adequate to get people into the Broads. I do a 16 mile journey every morning in rush hour and it rarely takes more than 25 minutes - even if I avoid the A47 and use the back roads through South Walsham and Panxworth. 

But, if you are coming from the west along the A47, that's a different story and I feel sorry for anyone using the A12 north of Ipswich but the A140 is a suitable alternative route. 

The roads are a small part of the problem, but it's nothing compared to the delays of air travel. 

frankly travelling to Norfolk from any where in the country except Suffolk is a nightmare,

Dave

Long may it remain so! It's what makes Norfolk 'special'. It's not on the way to anywhere, the best things always take a bit of effort to achieve IMHO.

Long may it remain so! It's what makes Norfolk 'special'. It's not on the way to anywhere, the best things always take a bit of effort to achieve IMHO. 

After five possibly six hours coming from the North, the A17 slip road from the A1 is no fun being stuck for anything up to forty minutes, then crawl along behind lorries and tractors on the A17, so sorry cannot agree with you.

cheers Iain

After five possibly six hours coming from the North, the A17 slip road from the A1 is no fun being stuck for anything up to forty minutes, then crawl along behind lorries and tractors on the A17, so sorry cannot agree with you.

cheers Iain

There are other routes than the A17....

Living in Lincolnshire I'm used to the state of the A15/A17, I'm also used to lorries and tractors holding things up but have found on the whole they are not a problem. What I do have a problem with is the terrorist attacks perpetrated along that road by a terror organisation whose members are more effective than Al Qaeda in bringing disruption to the infrastructure of Britain. Of course I am talking about members of The Caravan Club!

Lorries and tractors will eventually pull over to let you get round them, where as the tarmac warriors of the Caravan Club just dawdle on and on and on and on until they hit a dual carriageway where they speed up causing the tin box they are dragging behind them to swing dangerously across both carriageways, so they choke all possible traffic flow.

Even if you decide to take a break from crawling along behind the meanderthalls and pull into a service station or eatery chances are a member of the organisation, usually a fat bloke on walking sticks, will block you into the car park until rush hour begins.

It's time we got tough on terrorism and I do my bit by reporting every member of the Caravan Club I find involved in acts of infrastructure disruption to MI5, MI6, the FBI, the CIA and Interpol...its the right thing to do!  :naughty:

• Like 4

Living in Lincolnshire I'm used to the state of the A15/A17, I'm also used to lorries and tractors holding things up but have found on the whole they are not a problem. What I do have a problem with is the terrorist attacks perpetrated along that road by a terror organisation whose members are more effective than Al Qaeda in bringing disruption to the infrastructure of Britain. Of course I am talking about members of The Caravan Club!

Lorries and tractors will eventually pull over to let you get round them, where as the tarmac warriors of the Caravan Club just dawdle on and on and on and on until they hit a dual carriageway where they speed up causing the tin box they are dragging behind them to swing dangerously across both carriageways, so they choke all possible traffic flow.

Even if you decide to take a break from crawling along behind the meanderthalls and pull into a service station or eatery chances are a member of the organisation, usually a fat bloke on walking sticks, will block you into the car park until rush hour begins.

It's time we got tough on terrorism and I do my bit by reporting every member of the Caravan Club I find involved in acts of infrastructure disruption to MI5, MI6, the FBI, the CIA and Interpol...its the right thing to do!  :naughty:

Oh I say Tim, are you related to that well known and loved? "Jeremy Clarkson" he has been known to say a few words about such forms of transportation! :naughty:

cheers Iain

It's not the Caravan Club terrorists that worry me, it's the leather clad, mid life crisis blokes on two wheels that give me torrential, industrial grade Tena moments! Not so much in me being held up, that just doesn't happen, or when being overtaken from behind, which happens frequently, but when the mad bug#ers insist on overtaking oncoming traffic on a bend with less than half a nanosecond to spare, gets me everytime. Especially prevalent behaviour in the Peak District and anywhere between Donny and Stalham on a Friday p.m..

• Like 2

It's not the Caravan Club terrorists that worry me, it's the leather clad, mid life crisis blokes on two wheels that give me torrential, industrial grade Tena moments! Not so much in me being held up, that just doesn't happen, or when being overtaken from behind, which happens frequently, but when the mad bug#ers insist on overtaking oncoming traffic on a bend with less than half a nanosecond to spare, gets me everytime. Especially prevalent behaviour in the Peak District and anywhere between Donny and Stalham on a Friday p.m..

Peter,

you used to be a nice bloke

post-766-0-58465300-1416161029_thumb.jpg

Karen and me on my 955I Daytona.  And i don`t wear a leather jacket, but a textile one with part leather sleeves.

Andy, Air travel delays are not that common, I fly a lot (although not as much as I did) and the last time I had a delay of over half an hour is 20 years ago. I know others may have suffered delayed flights but I suffer delays of some sort coming to Norfolk on probably over 50% of the times we travel. Any road where it takes an average of 4 hours + to travel 150 miles is not a good road, 

Dave

Dave

Sorry, I was not directly referring to delayed flights, more the sheer amount of time in driving to an airport, parking, check-in, baggage and so on on top of the flight time.

I felt it not worthy of comment, since I have a policy of not feeding trolls ;)

Troll?...Geez a guy partakes in a spot of Dungeons & Dragons at University, I didn't inhale, and it will come back to haunt you like a level three poltergeist with a spell of repetition and a +3 sword of loonacy!