Icecream boat business for sale

no toilets in ice cream vans either - trust me I know an ex ice cream man, he used to have to sit all day in one spot, apparently good bladder control is part of the job.

Grendel

Ice cream cones could make ideal funnels.

In this day and age I fail to see how a food hygiene certificate can be obtained for a boat, or a van, without toilet and separate washing facilities. 

Surely you pee over the back and wash your hands at the front

Simples

Do they not sell mainly wrapped ice cream products? I don't normally like the wrapper

Err anyone not stopped at one of the roadside burger joints?

My mum used to have burger vans and I worked them straight out of school, the one plus with them is that you have good sinks, and a boiler for hot water, its essential to be able to wash your hand regularly as you end up handling raw meat a lot, plenty of soaps and hot water, I dont see much of these on an a Icecream boat, although I may be wrong.

I last saw the ice cream boat plying its trade around the Brundall boatyards in 2013. Its theme tune at the time as I recall was “Messing about on the river”

I might have been a bit more interested if it had a piped supply of Humpty Dumpty on board.

Now there’s an idea…………… :cool: 

post-38-0-66738900-1421696362_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

For the record, the ice cream boat which has traded on Salhouse Broad for the last twenty-five years meets all food and hygiene regulations required of it. The boat has to have hot and cold running water available. From day one of trading, Adrian went out of his way to meet all training and regulation requirements. The risks of doing otherwise are simply to great where icecream is concerned. You have to admire his perseverance.

• Like 3

Thank you Swift, I had no doubt that Adrian (I didn't know his name until now) had met all the regs, but I didn't know what those regs were. I have had many ice creams from him in the past and will have many more for certain.

We all should be perhaps a little careful with the banter that we enjoy so much, as there may be some readers who do not immediately recognise it for what it is, so for my part may I make it quite clear.

I am in no doubt whatsoever that the flake in my 99 is of a chocolate construction as is any sauce poured over said confection. Any implication that this may not be the case is, whilst intentional, not an accurate reflection of my true belief.     :)

• Like 4

For the record, the ice cream boat which has traded on Salhouse Broad for the last twenty-five years meets all food and hygiene regulations required of it. The boat has to have hot and cold running water available. From day one of trading, Adrian went out of his way to meet all training and regulation requirements. The risks of doing otherwise are simply to great where icecream is concerned. You have to admire his perseverance.

Nice to see the record being put straight.

I can't help thinking that most of this thread is rather unfair to "Adrian", both in the running of his business and also in being able to sell it as a going concern.

I very rarely suggest it, but maybe it would be a good thing for the thread to be deleted, in case it gives a totally wrong impression for anyone that does not read it very carefully right through.

Im intersted to know what form of water heating he has, I dont remember seeing a gas flue for an on demand boiler but this would be the best and easiest solution, his outboard wont be making too much hot water in a calorifier, a Burco style boiler like a burger van uses would be F-ing scary in a little boat, boiling water sloshing about every time something like the Queen of the broads comes through.  Outboard couldnt cope with a large inverver to power an element and the boat would most likely sink if you put that weight of batteries on it with all the ice cream stock. 

I wonder if there is a calorifier with water heated when on shore power, but if so that would not be hot enough to last all day and if using regularly would soon run out

But for my assumption that there was not hot water on board I apologies. 

I may have missed something, but aren't there two ice cream boats? We seem to have moved on from discussing the one on The Yare which is being advertised for sale, to suggesting that Adrian / Salhouse is selling his?  :?

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I have re-read all the posts, and I can see the different theories and suggestions. As Alan put the link on in the first place, and it is someone trying to sell a small business, I think for now, we will let the thread run. Just remember its the Brundall Ice Cream Boat, not the Wroxham/Salhouse one.

cheers Iain.