JawsOrca

Hi Alan,

With shore power:-

Small electric kettle

Toaster

Vacuum cleaner

Table light

Electric heater (just in case)

Mini dehumidifier (Tesco currently £29.98)

Window vac

Standard kit:-

First aid kit

Fire/CO detector

Life jackets

Life buoys & floating line

Boat hooks

Maps/books

Toolkit

Dustpan & brush

Cleaning materials (polish, baby wipes clean most things, washing up liquid, sink cleaner, clean & shine, spray on carpet cleaner, dusters or micro fibre cloths).

Note no toilet cleaner of any kind.

Spare parts (such as canopy clips, press studs, lamps, fuses) just to name but a few.

Boat bedding or sleeping bags and pillows

Towels & tea towels

Crockery

Pots & pans (including a small frying pan)

Wooden spoons & spatula

Cutlery

Glasses

Tea pot & coffee pot (if you prefer not to make it in a mug)

Condiments & sauces

Tea & coffee

Sugar or sweeteners (if you need them)

Oil for the frying pan

Matches, lighters (already mentioned)

Tin opener

Regards

Alan

With that list young Alan, best sell Orca and buy a BIGGER boat! :naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty:

cheers Iain

• Like 1

I have to say that I have put my dry ingredients in and yes they do work.      I wish I could send you one down to try.   They are not cheap but boy are they good.    I buy the gallon size to freeze items for the boat , ie stews , chillis, spag boll etc and also for storing dry goods.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ziploc-Heavy-Duty-Freezer-Bags/dp/B007WGFJ3I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1427205282&sr=8-2&keywords=ziploc+bags

They do not let liquids out so are air tight.

• Like 1

Yes the Good old FB pie!!!      Now when you go to buy the Fray Bentos Puddings dont be put off by the Microwave only sign on the front.  I contacted the company and they confirmed to me in writing that you can still use the puddings as before, in other words boil in water in the saucepan on the hob for those of us who do not have a microwave on board , so if you lost all of your power except for the good oid gas hob you can still rustle up a meal.   I have bought a couple for our stock cupboard on the boat and will boil them in the saucepan as before.    

• Like 1

Now thats interesting about the puddings we will give them a try

Presently using Hollands Guiness steak puddings which are very good but have to be kept frozen, as no freezer on board, the FB puds sound like a good option as we were put off by the microwave only

Ray & Carole

And to prove I did not make it up about the Fray Bentos Puddings this is a copy of the email I received.

Thank you for your e-mail 

Our puddings can still be cooked the traditional way: 

200g: Partially open bowl lid. Place bowl in saucepan and add water to no more than two thirds of the way up the bowl. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Carefully remove bowl from saucepan. Fully open bowl and ease pudding out using a knife. Do not allow saucepan to boil dry.  CAUTION: Beware of escaping steam. Handle carefully to avoid scalding.   

400g: Partially open bowl lid. Place bowl in saucepan and add water to no more than two thirds of the way up the bowl. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Carefully remove bowl from saucepan. Fully open bowl and ease pudding out using a knife. Do not allow saucepan to boil dry.  CAUTION: Beware of escaping steam. Handle carefully to avoid scalding.   

regards 
Norma Taylor 

Consumer Complaints Administrator 
Baxters Food Group 

• Like 4