Hi

Hi Ray, beat you to it by twenty years! I agree, it has changed, back in the 1960's the hire fleets dominated, it was all a great adventure and a wonderful pervading holiday atmosphere. Today the private boats rule the roost so that atmosphere has changed, regretfully not always for the best. The all muck into gether camaraderie of the 60's has not stood the test of time, especially when it comes to sharing moorings. Riverside pubs and shops are still on the Broads but not so numerous as they once were. Back in the 60's we had the big Gt Yarmouth shows and several of the stars hired boats so we often shared moorings, and laughs, with such as Morecambe & Wise, the Wise half eventually buying his own boat.  Great times and great memories of the nineteen sixties. 

• Like 5

Peter and Alan

Thank you for your welcome

i agree with you Peter the sixties where a great time to be boating

i started in 1964 on Powles Rippling Foam

No Heating Ice Packs to keep food cool basic toilets and no single lever control 

Ray

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...