Good store cupboard items

Poppy

Ray,

I will one of these days take a pic of the Haggis Pie. They are made up differently west coast to east up here. Grants who do the tinned version use to sell the pie also. Just now the Haggi are out grazing in the winter sun, well it sure aint Summer! :norty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Hi Poppy,

They just reserve that for Mars bars, I had one once in the Zavaroni fish shop on the Isle of Bute, it was very strange to say the least.

Regards

Alan

We like to be different up here Alan. :naughty:  Now the DFM I do believe originates from a Fish n Chip shop in Stonehaven near Aberdeen. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_Mars_bar

I do like if its well seasoned, a deep fried, battered black puddin  :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

Now that does sound NICE Iain, Trouble is, I can't find any black pudding around these parts, It's all that plastic wrapped mass produced stuff :(

Proper butchers black pudding is the only justification for civilization north of Nottingham. (and of course Haggis if you need to go further north)

:hardhat:

• Like 1

A pal was once in hospital in Glasgow. A nurse came to his bedside and handed him a glass of water and said

" here, take these".

He must have looked a little puzzled because shae urged him, saying " it's your meds".

"That's OK," he replied, " It's just that I've never seen battered meds before"   :hardhat: :hardhat:  :naughty:

• Like 2

Oh Poppy, I sent TWO cricketers to the Victoria Infirmary in Glasgow one Saturday afternoon, I err didn't  batter them though :norty:  I hit them in the gob with a cricket ball!  :naughty: Ah happy days, uncovered wickets! :naughty:

Also, that club supplied brilliant Scotch pies n beans at the tea interval. See keeping the food thread going! :angel:

cheers Iain

Sorry using Ipad Iain and cant seem to rotate it

Had this problem before will use proper camera next time or give up posting pics

cheers

Ray & Carole

Ray,

You need an app like photo editor as it depends what way up the iPad is when you take the picture. It will show ok on an iOS but not in windows. Or just take two pictures and rotate your iPad before the second one.

Doug.

Awe Alan you've spoilt it now  :norty:                                                                                       

We don't have a Waitrose in the area. Would require a drive up to Newton Mearns in Glesca to frequent such posh shops as that  :naughty:             

I see they have discounted back to the right prices  :naughty:

cheers Iain

Faves from the boat cookbook as a child were - luncheon meat fritters - always lightly golden, the tinned pies (which always avoided) copious amounts of tinned soup & best of all chips! The oil could never get hot enough to make them golden so they were beautifully mushy! The Osocool wasn't much good or big enough for much fresh stuff! Suffice to say my boat cookbook today is somewhat different!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1