Good store cupboard items

Poppy

have to laugh at people who say "i wont buy anything french",if you live in britain chances are you are part french anyway,do not forget we were overrun by william 1(the conqueror) and his army who settled here.the norman influence is readily visible in the number of churches they built and were obviously settled near

• Like 1

Actually thanks to Nigel's advice at The Bure Valley Fish Restaurant I find the locally (Suffolk) produced Shawgates wines very acceptable. Nigel normally has a couple on the wine menu, the Bacchus is particularly good. The Bure Valley also stock Calvors a locally produced lager.  

• Like 2

Have to say we prefer to buy local and try to avoid French wine! Well apart from a Chablis or Sancerre and oh yeah - the visit to Reims next weekend for a drop of bubbly. But apart from that.....

Oh sod it if it's good but it.

I Draw the line at French cars!!!!!

• Like 2

Ian , I have to confess to being a whiskey and haggis despising Scotsman

Alex, I wilny hawd it against you, Lanarkshire husny been fully Burns Initiated...yet! :naughty:  I widny worry yon whisky you mention is yon nice Irish stuff, not quite richt fur Haggis. 

Personally I blame yer skool teachers! :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Have to say we prefer to buy local and try to avoid French wine! Well apart from a Chablis or Sancerre and oh yeah - the visit to Reims next weekend for a drop of bubbly. But apart from that.....

Oh sod it if it's good but it.

I Draw the line at French cars!!!!!

I don't Mark!  Without my Renault Scenic cdi I would have struggled to drive home after the holiday. When much younger I drove yon posh Citreon with the air suspension, it was the quietest car I ever drove, till the one I have just now, and its Diesel! It wasn't mine, but it was a certain TV doctor's brothers  :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Hmmmm. Now that is a problem poppy.

I don't hate the French, just dislike the ones who don't make nice wine!!!! Is that wineist?

Not sure you know where most of the parts are made for cars anyway nowadays. Most of it is assembled in x country with Asian produced parts.

I will report on the standard of champagne in a week or so when I sober up and confirm if I like the French then