Good store cupboard items

Poppy

Personally i don`t think you can beat the good old Vesta curries. Mostly wet cardboard ingredients, but very tasty. I`ve lost count the number of boating holidays i`ve had with Vesta curries being eaten on more than a couple of days.

After that, a generous supply of tinned stuff, like all day breakfast, London grill, Ravioli etc etc.

All rubbish, but tasty rubbish.

JUST DON`T TELL ME THEY`RE FRENCH, even if i DO drive a Peugeot 407.

We had Salmon for dinner tonight,years gone by it was only for a treat now it is affordable.Give my two ideas a try.

Seared salmon with noodles and stir fry veg.Almost a one pot dish.

Prep:slice one pepper,thinly sliced carrot,one red onion,about the same amount of savoy cabbage,one clove of garlic,about an inch of peeled fresh ginger,cut into thin strips,one seeded sliced fresh chilli.

Easy cook noodles soak in boiling water.

sauces Light soy,plum sauce,hosin .You can also buy ready to use sauce.

Get you fry pan very hoy add a little light oil,i.e. veg corn or oil seed rape.Fry salmon skin side first turning over for the other side lightly season with groung black pepper,and sea salt,cook in the oven for about 5 mins.A tip if you don't have a oven,once seared take out put a sliced onion in the pan salmon on top add a little water cover and reduce the heat until cooked.

Quick fry the veg,adding sauces.check seasoning,combine with the noodles,and enjoy.

Or try a simple meal.

Asparagus and jerseys Royals are nearing the end.So use them before they go.

Sear the salmon in the same way,Finnish with fresh lemon.

Serve with buttered minted spuds and asparagus,perhaps add a salad nice warm fresh bread and a cold glass of white wine .

Okay cooking is my living but with a little prep both dishes don't take long.

I will perhaps next do curries 

Enjoy Ian cheers

• Like 2

We had Salmon for dinner tonight,years gone by it was only for a treat now it is affordable.Give my two ideas a try.

Seared salmon with noodles and stir fry veg.Almost a one pot dish.

Quick fry the veg,adding sauces.check seasoning,combine with the noodles,and enjoy.

Or try a simple meal.

Asparagus and jerseys Royals are nearing the end.So use them before they go.

Sear the salmon in the same way,Finnish with fresh lemon.

Serve with buttered minted spuds and asparagus,perhaps add a salad nice warm fresh bread and a cold glass of white wine .

Okay cooking is my living but with a little prep both dishes don't take long.

I will perhaps next do curries 

Enjoy Ian cheers

That's more than just store-cupboard grub, Ian, but sounds quite wonderful!

Roll on the curries!   :clap :clap :clap

This should go in the trivia thread but according to the Times this week:

Scots have been enjoying curries for over 217 years with the earliest recorded advert for curry powder placed by an Edinburgh grocer and confectioner on July 5, 1798. John Caird, who imported fruit and spices from across the world, informed customers via the Edinburgh Evening Courant (see... currents in curry weird Scottish thing) that he had 'received a parcel of real India curry powder'.