A months worth of rain in a single day

There's another report on this site with some photos.

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2015-07-25/summer-soaking-sparks-floods/

Apparently the wettest place was Norwich. And there was flash flooding in Bishop's Stortford which is just over the border from Essex into Hertfordshire. It was certainly a very soggy day down here in Essex but the garden needed it. It's been so dry for so long we've been watering our flowers most evenings for several weeks.

• Like 1

July has not been great up here temp wise, but over the piece remained dry here in Ayrshire. Thank goodness for the Gulf Stream here. The golf yesterday at Sunningdale was washed out. 

Just a typical UK summer really :naughty: At least our members had it dry outside today at the Meet! :dance

cheers Iain

• Like 3

Lowestoft weather was horrendous Friday eve. Went out to dinner there and had to drive back and the roads were covered in water. Had gone to see friends who stayed the night afloat at the RN&S and they didn't get much sleep. Norwich came off lightly compared with the Coast. Ludham bridge yesterday was mega windy and choppy. All good today & the crew at Beccles should be able to have breakfast in the sun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We pumped out over four inches of water from each of three dinghies afloat during the rain and battled with about the same depth in the boatshed. 

Last night's high tide was worse though with over six inches of water coming over the top of the slip. 

Now raining steadily in Beccles again,  but at least Sat stayed dry

Tide is expected to be 4-5 inches higher this evening though so we could be cruising to the Bear and Bells later! 

Nice to meet you yesterday/friday Alex, sorry didnt get to have a drink together.

Charlie

Hi Alan,

Flooding to the path is common at Beccles Yacht Station, one of the forum members reported late last year or early season this year that they had to wade to untie their ropes.

Regards

Alan

I think that was me Allan. I`ve posted pictures of it on our Holiday tale of last October. I also had to untie the 240v hook up in 2ft of water, and it was still rising. We saw Paul and Lorna the night before, and spoke to him on the phone that morning. Paul said he`s never seen it that high before, their boat ib moored ver the river.

• Like 1