Heard a rumour

Baitrunner

That because of noise and rubbish issues the Parish down at Bramerton may seek to take the land back so the free moorings will disappear?

Anyone know if this is true or not? Or if they can take it back or is it theirs?

Not sure if the bins are still there which might not help the problems.

I have never heard any untoward noise when we have been moored there. Certainly not from boats either.

The Bins  were removed earlier this year and were certainly not there when we moored there in mid June.

Have heard  reports of rubbish being dumped there but that does not mean it always comes from the  boaters as others had  also been known to make use of the bins when they were there.

When we were there we did not seen any rubbish dumped,  but if the bins are not replaced then like many other areas where they have been removed rubbish will likely and unfortunately be left by some.

I do however hope these rumours prove to be untrue or that a more sensible  solution can be found      

One would hope that the recent repairs to staging at this 24 hour mooring earlier this year and the installation of the extra electric post last season have not been done in vain by the Broads Authority.

This is a very popular mooring location on the Southern Broads not only for the moored boats but also families picknicks and people out for walks here.

Always plenty to see here.

Regards
Alan

• Like 3

Dave,

I don't know and heard this as a rumour so was hoping one of our illustrious forumites might have a bit more info?

Of course there might be something in the lease about options to cancel it due to noise/rubbish etc that might not be easy to find out about unless your in the Parish Council or the BA.

Hoping this is all "rubbish" and "noise" - forgive the puns :bow

Have just seen quite a large boat heading upriver past Bramerton and The Waters Edge, both of which are full. That just leaves Commisioner's Cut or Whitlingham Country Park, a total of about 6-7 moorings or their out of luck. They won't make Thorpe at any tide state, or Trowse.. If we lost Bramerton then the upper Yare would be a no go for large boats unless they want to moor at 10am..

We have also heard these rumours over the last 3 weeks , hopefully untrue , though the person who gave us the information is not someone I would doubt

We were told  the BA is well aware of this and that the parish council (allegedly) wish to make it into private moorings

I guess we will know soon enough

I think that the rubbish issue is more likely one or two ne'er do wells rather than a general public problem

Also how many houses are actually near enough to complain of noise issues?

• Like 1

Having just walked the permissive path from Bramerton to The Surlingham Ferry today,  I would say quite a few. People forget how much sounds travels over water. There are houses both sides of the common.

We all need to be a little more thoughtful, or we won't get to take pictures like this. Taken at Bramerton about three minutes ago.

post-35-0-77924400-1438632705_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

We and many boaters have / do moor up at Bramerton on the last night of their holiday, because it only takes around 45mins back to Brundall  :clap . Plus its a great place / moorings  cheers, but there use to be a lot of ducks on the bank to feed, but even they have vanished  :nosey:.

Regards

Marina   :Stinky

I was also told of the situation 3 weeks ago by probably the same person as you Alex and likewise I have no reason to doubt them. If it proves to be true then The Broads Authority have spent a lot of money for nothing and an excellent mooring on the Southern Broads will disappear.Sadly I feel there is no smoke without fire

Boycee

• Like 1

I e-mailed the B.A. today and told them of this rumour, they say they have no idea where the rumour started and are unaware of any such plans. If any one would like to see a copy of the e-mail I will gladly e-mail it on the condition it is not posted on this or other sites.

Dave

Thank you Dave for the update. Lets hope the rumour is kicked well into touch!

cheers Iain

As has been said, many boats pass Bramerton slowly with hope to moor but as it is a popular mooring its always hard to get in. Unfortunately there is only one mooring past that where people could possibly moor and thats Commissioners Cut as Whitlingham is ALWAYS taken up by liveaboards which chose to let there dogs have the run of the mooring. Laughable as it is always the same ones plugged into the electric as well. The system is flawed badly when non tolled boats can have the run of the moorings without penalisation of any sort. Bramerton is the only chance of a mooring at the mo because we've also noticed that if a boat and their chums moor at the opening of Commissioners Cut no other boats can get in. My what a rant,  sorry

• Like 2