Planning policies Horning

MrPlant

Good evening everyone :wave

I have been reading / researching planning for ''new dwellings'' (not replacement) in Horning for some time now and it appears there is many restrictive covenants and also a very restrictive planning policy for waterside locations in Horning. I havnt spoken to anyone from BA as yet, but was wondering if any of you very knowledgeable chaps on here could explain any further for me.

I have dealt with many restrictive planning policies in the past, but in this area its seams a solid dead end!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Shaun

I know someone who did manage to get a house built on one of the dykes in Horning, the BA tried to force him to have a tin roof saying that's how houses on the broads were built. It took him a lot of work to convince them that's how they do it in potter not Horning !!

• Like 1

I would think that with the services of a good planning consultant many cases of precedence could be found along the Horning Water Front.

In the last few years there have been numerous buildings put up, some of quite radical design.

We moored at a site in Horning which every year had a planning notice for two new builds on the waterfront from a well known local gent .this went on for some years nailing up a new notice .We were told by neighbours that it would be granted eventually and sure enough there are two more properties in his portfolio now with a good few added since .We had to move with very little warning .:naughty: