Advice required

riyadhcrew

You will be fine Eric.

My neighbour has had both her eyes done in the last 6 weeks and hasn't looked back (pun intended).

Best thing she ever had done apparently and making a massive difference to her. She had a tiny niggle with the first eye, but they quickly sorted that and did the 2nd one a couple of weeks ago.

She has had to be careful with getting stuff in her eyes, but loves her knew vision.

Good luck anyway and "see you" back on the forum in the blink of an eye.cheers

• Like 1

Hi Riyad,

Karen had a cateract removed from her right eye 6 weeks ago, and has not had any problems. It`s a really straightforward thing to do these days, so much so, she was in the operating theatre for less than half an hour. She`s very sensative around the eyes, so they did a general anesthetic, which was`nt a problem. Because Karen is short sighted, they even put in a lens to correct her sight, and now she does`nt need glasses, but in her right eye only. However, the consultant did say they will do the left one (which is`nt as bad as the right was) within a couple of months or so, because of the imbalance between her eys, and she cant wait either. There really is absolutely NOTHING to worry about. I forgot to mention, Karens cateract was at the BACK of the eye, and they had to go through the eye to get to it, but when she came around, there was no pain or anything, just a slight bit of discomfort for a day, which is eased by the eye drops she had to take for a month.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, riyadhcrew said:

Hi Peeps,

Got the patch off and there is a huge difference in the ammount of light I can see. Focus will take a few days to adapt and I should get the left eye done within 2 weeks. Looking good though. (pun intended).

Nae chance of being blind drunk again then Eric! :naughty: Great news!

cheersIain.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Morning Peeps,

Well, that's the other eye done. Bit more painfull this time, so they gave me another shot of anisthetic in the eye. Patch is due off tomorrow, so then we'll see (I hope). Typing this whilst looking through my right eye only, without wearing any glasses, so fingers crossed.

• Like 4

Glad it's all sorted Eric.

mum had her second eye done last Wednesday and they had a bit of a problem getting the cataract off causing quite a bit of pain and needing a stitch. the anaesthetic wore off for her as well.

She did recover very quickly afterwards though and the op has made a great improvement 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

wow, that was quick. The hospital did say they would do Karens other eye within a couple of months. Two months is nearly up, and we have`nt heard anything, maybe we should gee them up a bit?.

Well you could go and live in Saudi Arabia, Neil, but it would probably be cheaper to have it done privately here in England?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, riyadhcrew said:

Morning Peeps,

Well, that's the other eye done. Typing this whilst looking through my right eye only, without wearing any glasses, so fingers crossed.

The problem with that, Eric, is that you lose depth perception with one eye. That's why one-eyed pilots aren't allowed.

Glad it's all over and you can start looking forward to next year's boating!    :wave