Idiots

Baitrunner

Some people never learn. These 2 deserve all they get imho. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-35420983

What gauls me is their disregard for the coastguard who are having to risk their lives to save these idiots. 

The last catastrophe caused by a lit candle!! Can they not impound the boat for their own safety?

the state of it as well fills me with dread  I wouldn't want to be on the river in it  

there Is a funny side though, the harbourmaster quoted here has the best name ever for his job  

read it to find out  

Felt just the same as you when I heard this story on the news this evening.

I hate the way people like this risk the lives of others that go to their aid and then seem to have complete disregard.

It is certainly not funny.

Mmmm, topic title a little harsh, a Vietnam vet pilot who has the b***s at 71 to make a trip like that gets a lot of my respect. Ok they are a pain in the butt for the rescue services, I'm sure they are not the first and won't be the last, but I just can't help feeling a tad of admiration and respect for these old guys, I hope they have fair weather and winds soon to continue their journey so they can be out of ear shot of how much they are costing us. 

• Like 3

Last draft I did post with an imho. 

I think there is a big fat line between respect for having balls and sheer stupidity.

lets hope they don't get half way across the Atlantic and need a big rescue scramble that costs innocent lives. 

Just my opinion but I had to say it. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

Last draft I did post with an imho. 

I think there is a big fat line between respect for having balls and sheer stupidity.

lets hope they don't get half way across the Atlantic and need a big rescue scramble that costs innocent lives. 

Just my opinion but I had to say it. 

So do I Baitrunner, my problem is listening to Norfolk Broads Sailors who feel qualified to offer derogatory comments directed at a crew sailing from Norway to the U S A. 

26 minutes ago, Lastdraft said:

So do I Baitrunner, my problem is listening to Norfolk Broads Sailors who feel qualified to offer derogatory comments directed at a crew sailing from Norway to the U S A. 

I've sailed across the North Sea several times, can I comment, please?

A lighted candle on a boat that has taken the bottom and is developing a list, even a Broads sailor can relate to that. 

• Like 6

Cross the Atlantic ??????/ I fear this will not end well....... and to call this pair a crew I think is an overstatement........even the best of sailors get into trouble occasionally, the ship I was on once had to pick up a guy called Ritchie and his boat "Jester" but thats another story

• Like 4

Yep thats the one, he was in his seventies then and I dare say alot fitter than the old boys from the states.

He had lost his mast and taken a bit of a beating I think he said it snapped the second or third time he turned turtle.

The boat was rescued because of its history , but I think it was lost later. 

Wow have not seen that article before thanks, he was a great skipper very dry sense of humor and affectionately know as "Looney Booney " that wasn't the only boat scalp we claimed we also picked up another chap whose initial attempt to grasp "The Green Riband" ended in disaster, but again thats another story.

16 minutes ago, imtamping2 said:

Yep thats the one, he was in his seventies then and I dare say alot fitter than the old boys from the states.

He had lost his mast and taken a bit of a beating I think he said it snapped the second or third time he turned turtle.

The boat was rescued because of its history , but I think it was lost later. 

She was eventually lost in 1988. Bit sad, didn't know that. I met Jester when Blondie Hassler had her, long time ago now.

http://www.jesterinfo.org/jester.html

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, imtamping2 said:

Wow have not seen that article before thanks, he was a great skipper very dry sense of humor and affectionately know as "Looney Booney " that wasn't the only boat scalp we claimed we also picked up another chap whose initial attempt to grasp "The Green Riband" ended in disaster, but again thats another story.

Branson and Atlantic Challenger?

17 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

I've sailed across the North Sea several times, can I comment, please?

A lighted candle on a boat that has taken the bottom and is developing a list, even a Broads sailor can relate to that. 

JM. I didn't doubt for one second that you would have something to say , even if it was just to remind us that you are a REAL sailor, oh and to state the bleeding obvious .........

• Like 1