The Admiral's Little Ship?

JennyMorgan

14 hours ago, loribear said:

Hi john , what made you give up sailing ?  Lori

In a word, Lori, tiredness.

The North Sea crossing, at about 110nm, would take between 18 - 26 hours. 

Our last crossing, in '04, was different in that we set off at 8am rather than our usual early evening time. We arrived at the North Sea Marina, in Ijmuiden, at about 2am. I was very tired, (as usual after helming, monitoring sails, navigation and etc for 18 hours), and made a monumental mess-up of our arrival, nearly causing damage to ourselves and other boats moored there.

So we sold her at the end of the season and bought a 20 kt+ cruising speed, French boat...... soon to prove a BIG mistake!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hockham Admiral said:

In a word, Lori, tiredness.

The North Sea crossing, at about 110nm, would take between 18 - 26 hours. 

Our last crossing, in '04, was different in that we set off at 8am rather than our usual early evening time. We arrived at the North Sea Marina, in Ijmuiden, at about 2am. I was very tired, (as usual after helming, monitoring sails, navigation and etc for 18 hours), and made a monumental mess-up of our arrival, nearly causing damage to ourselves and other boats moored there.

So we sold her at the end of the season and bought a 20 kt+ cruising speed, French boat...... soon to prove a BIG mistake!

I sense an interesting story in the offing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lulu said:

Looks like I cant access this as im not a full member as ive only made 49 posts. Hopefully this one will let me gain access with 50! 

Hello Lulu,

When you get to 50 you will be nominated for full membership, as long as there are no objections you will be granted full membership after about a week.

Regards

Alan

10 minutes ago, Lulu said:

Oooerrrrr , I'd better behave then!  Guess this means if im useless in thw Christmas quiz, ill be booted lol 

Don't worry Lulu, someone (probably me) will be worse than you :default_blush:

18 hours ago, Lulu said:

Looks like I cant access this as im not a full member as ive only made 49 posts. Hopefully this one will let me gain access with 50! 

Lulu, Hi.

Sorry, but I think that you've confused posts with reputation. When you posted above it was your 31st post but your reputation was 49. Since when Grace added another "like" and it's gone up to 50.   :default_beerchug: