• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

It doesn't look as cool as smoking, so I think the kids that are taking it up over smoking are missing out on valuable street cred! 

I cant remember who told me, but there were concerns about vaping and something called popcorn lung. cant remember anything more though.

36 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Jayfire

Where did youget your facts from about the toxins and the carcinogens.

The FDA in america are spreading so many poor press aboutvaping because so many states in america were paid and are still taking extortionate amounts of money from the american tobacco companies that they are running scared of people stopping smoking and they will have no moremoney coming frombig tobacco.

Read the reports from the uk health department who say they are 95% better than smoking and recommend them to people who wish to quit

The point I was trying to make was vaping for people trying to cut down or quit is a good thing, it is supposedly a better alternative, but why it had to turn into a fashion accessory is beyond me.

I can't remember where I read it originally but The BHF quote

"A study published in Environmental Science & Technology in July 2016 identified harmful emissions in the vapour, including possible carcinogens and irritants, though at a much lower level than in conventional cigarettes. The BHF would not advise non-smokers to start smoking e-cigarettes".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I've still not worked out how the intake of nicotine or the hand to mouth habit is supposed to help stop smoking, when I gave up the hardest bit was not rolling a fag as much as not smoking it.

As for the contents of cheap ebay bought chinese sourced chemicals exactly how can anyone say they are safe? I'm glad I gave up 20 years ago and don't like the idea of vaping in pubs and such and find it as annoying as passive smoking, that said if a pub gets the ashtrays out when the door gets bolted I don't mind as long as I'm still getting served, it's their house then.....

8 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I've still not worked out how the intake of nicotine or the hand to mouth habit is supposed to help stop smoking, when I gave up the hardest bit was not rolling a fag as much as not smoking it.

As for the contents of cheap ebay bought chinese sourced chemicals exactly how can anyone say they are safe? I'm glad I gave up 20 years ago and don't like the idea of vaping in pubs and such and find it as annoying as passive smoking, that said if a pub gets the ashtrays out when the door gets bolted I don't mind as long as I'm still getting served, it's their house then.....

Smoggy I think it is kind of like the first step. You still feel you are having a smoke but with much reduced crap being taken in, as well as having something in your hand and mouth the help curb the need.

A friend of mine stopped smoking by sucking on cinnamon sticks just to give his hands and mouth something to help.

I have never smoked and therefore never quit however so I might be talking my usual rubbish :default_biggrin:

58 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I believe people who have never smoked have actually taken up vaping! 

I'm sure they have, though what no report can ever tell is if those people would have taken up smoking, in which case vaping is much the better option for them. I vape, having switched from smoking two years ago, and having done so would not return to cigarettes. Am I bothered about being able to vape in a pub? Not at all. I'll go outside with the rest of the dead men walking if I need to imbibe, that doesn't bother me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

Edited by Paul
Dupe

9 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

A friend of mine stopped smoking by sucking on cinnamon sticks just to give his hands and mouth something to help.

I hope he understands the side effects of cinnamon, liver damage, diabetes, respiratory disease, cancer. Cinnamon is both toxic and carcinogenic. He might be better vaping.

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

I hope he understands the side effects of cinnamon, liver damage, diabetes, respiratory disease, cancer. Cinnamon is both toxic and carcinogenic. He might be better vaping.

I'll pass on your concerns, I'm not sure he'd want to look like a great fairy blowing vapour out his mouth though.

Not unless it's a Friday night shift anyway. :default_biggrin:

Giving up smoking is easy. I've done it hundreds of times!

As a bloke who enjoys a smoke, be it my roll ups or one of my Cuban or Honduran full coronas, I'm now resigned to sitting outside the pub while the fresh air lovers are inside. I'm afraid outside with me...well sitting well down wind from me... is where the vapers and their vapours belong.

Excellent smoking areas on the Broads include the Wayford Bridge Inn and the Greyhound at Hickling where you can enjoy a meal, pint and an after dinner smoke, all outside, even when it's raining, like any civilised gentleman should. Oh, and the cheese board at the Wayford is a thing of wonder!

• Like 2