Hello

Bob48

Hello , i have just been accepted into NBN , i have been following the London Rascals' Captains blog from around the Broads over the past few weeks , and i must say , after visiting twice , both times with Richardsons' of Stalham , i find them very interesting , my wife and i shall be back on the Broads again ,in a couple of weeks time , i shall be displaying my NBN forum window poster , so if  anybody see's us give us a wave .

• Like 1

i have come to the right place , :) thankyou for the welcome, we are really looking forward to coming back , our first outing was full of trepidation as neither my wife or i drive , but it was as some one once said " if you go , you won't want to leave , so this is our 3rd time out we have already booked number 4 and we'll be booking number 5 when we get back from number 3. there is a question i would like to ask , when is the best time ( if there is such a thing ) of getting a mooring in Horning ?

1 hour ago, Bob48 said:

Hockham Admiral we should be on Ranworth Broad , on the Sunday , hoping to have a lunch at the Maltsters

You will need to get to Ranworth early to get a mooring at the staithe. Lunchtimes any day are busy but Sunday especially so.Welcome to the forum anyway, hope you have a great trip. You are obviously hooked to be booking well in advance. 

• Like 1

Welcome Bob; which boat will you be hiring? We will be out that week and I'll try to avoid getting my saily in your way!  Regarding moorings, Horning, Malthouse (Ranworth) or anywhere really - if you are able to use a dinghy, it is a good way to open up your options.

At Horning you can moor across the river, at Malthouse you can mudweight, and so on... Worth a thought...

• Like 1

We have moored opposite the Horning village moorings, then just crossed over when something has come available. Think you can also moor at the Ferry Marina boat yard and walk in.

We were very lucky at Ranworth, moored up straight away, but it soon filled up. We got there 12.30 ish, plenty of boats comming and going during the day, a couple sitting on mudweights waiting, no dramas apart from the wind. Had afternoon tea up at the church which was very nice.

• Like 1

If you moor opposite Horning Village on what I call Horning Island...make sure you put plenty of fenders out on the side of the boat facing the open water and keep a ready eye out for folks thinking they are still driving a Punto on the look out to bag a parking spot at Lidl instead of a boat looking for a mooring. Watch for some stupid maneuvers as boaters circle round like sharks before trying to turn forty foot of boat in three feet of water at full throttle to race for a mooring on the village side.:facepalm:

Oh and when in Horning try not to say things like 'what this place needs is some planters to stop the cars parking'...it only leads to fuss. :naughty:

Welcome to the mad house! cheers

• Like 5