Richardsons RC45 and RC35

Your business Clive, your choice and it would obviously affect the bottom line due to the cost, I do understand that some insurers do give sizeable discounts for gas free craft though and I bet your premium is the size of a small country's GDP. On the minus side gas is simple and familiar for people to operate so probably gives less problems all round on a hire craft with multiple users. :grin:

On balance I think they are best suited to owner users as they are unfamiliar, pretty good source of heat tough if you use the two burner hotplate with the blower lid, really good for workboat and fishing boat wheel houses.

That's the one Jonzo.

Just for a minute I claim Dan's anorak :naughty:

Hey you... put it down and walk away two guns:grin:

A closet anorak eh.... I had my suspicions - next you'll be telling us which Richardsons boats have had new lino over the winter! :lol:

....What do we do next???

Might the RC45 be seen with an 8/10 or full 8 berth layout, if possible.... you could even charge more for it too!

Dan

I too was very impressed that Carousel was moored with a notice inviting people aboard. I had a look and was equally impressed as when I first looked on Broadsman, possibly more so. A more luxurious boat for two couples I could not imagine.

Very pleased to read about the floor fefurbs. I need to get a look on Sunrise/Sunset pretty sharpish.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

There are 4 of them now (soon to be 5 :dance )

we get damage and scuffs on all the boats in th end, it can all be fixed. a couple of weeks ago we had a dayboat reverse into a Broadsman as she was leaving the mooring, it left a 3 ft split in the hull :o

Hi Dave,

There are 4 of them now (soon to be 5 :dance )

we get damage and scuffs on all the boats in th end, it can all be fixed. a couple of weeks ago we had a dayboat reverse into a Broadsman as she was leaving the mooring, it left a 3 ft split in the hull :o

Clive we have a photo section for tha :o:o it boggles the mind how people do these things

Jonny

I wasn't talking about your hirer, or his (or her) ability, and I am certainly sinful (Perry) I meant more 'that went well then' straight out of one boat into another! As I presumed they were just heading out then that was goodnight broadsman!!

You mustn't read these things the wrong way, you'll end up with high blood pressure!!! :grin:

• 3 months later...

Hi Andy,

we released the mould last Wednesday and pushed the plug back into the shed, we have started the plug for the peak and will soon be getting on with the canopy. the layout plan has been changed to be the same as the rear cabin on Carousel but probably with a rear window. the middle is the same as Broadsman and the front will have a convertable berth. (we also lowered the price)

I will get some photos up soon.

cheers

she will be at least as good as the Broadman/ Carousel/ Far Horizon, how very dare you ask :o:naughty:

we turned the mould the right way up today and put it in the shed ready for finishing (fixing the broken bits ready for moulding) she is not too bad but we will then routinely apply mould stripper which takes all the previous release agents off, then apply a mould sealer and then liquid release agents before usual wax polish. this will probably take 2-3 weeks before we can start to make the first superstructure...

she will be at least as good as the Broadman/ Carousel/ Far Horizon, how very dare you ask :o:naughty:

clive sir !! we would expect nothing less from ricko nowdays :grin: we have booked far horizon for next may :party: do we get double loyalty points for booking all platinum boats ?? :naughty:

• 1 month later...

dont panic Dan, we worked out that we wre getting behind a while back when we were making the single level mould and decided to increase production by 2 boats a year so we took on an extra laminator as well as a subbie to get ahead on production, we managed to squeeze this in as there are some mouldings not included like our rubbers and some floor trays. she will be a stunning boat when finished as the bulder is one we are happy to see build our mouldings and we know that she will not be available for hire or reward for at least 15 years as it is in the contract!

• 1 month later...

Whatho Everyone

Called into Richardsons last week and managed a look at how the new forward steer "Broadlander" was coming along. The superstructure was upside down being worked on but you could get a good idea of what the finished product was going to look like!

Going to be a good return to forward steer builds for Richardsons I think, and I think the forward well is going to be very comfy, the window designs smart and modern, the sliding canopy also looked very sleek, and finally with a nod towards the Horizon 35' on the front view a little I thought!

Dan

post-93-136713950866_thumb.jpg

post-93-13671395089_thumb.jpg

post-93-136713950913_thumb.jpg