It's That Time Again

Hello All,

Wife went to the airport early this morning for her flights to Bali and the girls and I will be off to the airport tonight for our flights to Edinburgh. Packing is almost finished and then we wait for the taxi at 9.30pm.

If all goes well, it is four and a half hours to Istanbul - a short wait in the airport - then another four hours to Edinburgh. Six days at home to visit family and friends and then an 8 hour drive down to Norfolk for a week on Fair Chancellor and to see everyone attending the Summer Meet at Oulton Broad.

Excitement is rising. BRING IT ON!!!

• Like 11

Yep, same from me, have a good journey and stay safe :kiss

Make sure you don't forget your wallet and credit cards, the girls won't be best pleased if you forget them, now would they? Look at it like this, this girls are doing you a favour, your wallet won't be so heavy on the way home :naughty:

Grace :wave

• Like 2

Hope you got home safely and enjoy your holiday, It was always a huge relief to touch down in the UK. I'll be just across the water at Bo'ness:wave on Friday night, but after a huge 14 hours in Scotland it'll be time to be on the way back here to Norfolk.

Hello peeps from a very wet Kirkcaldy. Good flights and no problems in getting here and picking up my rental car. Was going to go somewhere today, but the rain is chucking it down, so just sitting indoors at the moment to see if there is any improvement in the weather.

• Like 5

I'm glad you arrived safely, had a pint of heavy yet?

It's Pretty soggy across here in Bo'ness, the journey from Norfolk wasn't good, very heavy traffic, a broken down Triumph Stag in the roadworks at Leeming. Lots of other road works and traffic everywhere.

Hi Q,

No pints yet, but that will be remedied this evening. Tks for the update on the traffic. I am still trying to make up my mind which way to go - A1 or M74/A66. Will see on Wednesday, as travelling down on Thursday to overnight at the Wayford Bridge Inn.

If anyone has any suggestions, please post them.

Other than hitting rush hour traffic at 17:30 on the M80 Cumbernauld  the A74 route was generally clear until the A66 / A1 junction. From there on every major junction had huge tailbacks, the A17 A1 junction had several miles of tailbacks, which I avoided by coming up through the old junction at Coddington.

As  I will be traveling during the day again today I'm seriously considering going all the way down to Manchester and going across the M62 to the M18 M180 then Lincoln A15 to Sleaford ( having had to work at RAF Scampton and RAF Coningsby in know my way round the outside of the traffic jam that is Lincoln.)

If I was travelling overnight I'd use the M74 / A66 / A1 route, there are major road works on the Newcastle bypass, the A1 improvements have mostly moved up from the Leeming area to the RAF Catterick area and northwards up to and beyond the A66.

Oh in yesterday's post I said the Triumph Stag broke down in the Leeming A1 road works it wasn't it was in the Catterick A1 road works.

Morning Eric,

Another route I have taken is down all of the M6 to Junction 1 for Lutterworth. Head for Market Harborough and across the Fens to Wisbech and Kings Lynn. Alternatively head for the A11 one off the M6/ M1.

Its longer but can prove quicker. Overall though I would go M74 M6 A66 A1M A17 A47. Aint they lucky if live just a few hours from Norfolk!

cheersIain