Thurne Lion

Mowjo

1 hour ago, thingamybob said:

Sorry, I am in the dark here. Can you expand on the suggested pontoon moorings please?

There is in existence planning consent for the installation of pontoon moorings at Thurne Mouth. I understand that this does not include an electicity supply.

• Like 1

It's so good to see another establishment getting revamped. Looking forward to visiting the Lion when it's back up and running. It's a place we've stayed away from in the past few years as it felt run down to us.

• Like 2

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, Poppy said:

There is in existence planning consent for the installation of pontoon moorings at Thurne Mouth. I understand that this does not include an electicity supply.

Thanks for that Poppy, good news indeed! I wonder though if access would be allowed from the pontoon by the adjacent land owner who we already know has declined to renew the lease on the BA moorings at Thurne Mouth.

On 06/05/2017 at 5:25 PM, Poppy said:

I think I read somewhere that there was a dispute between the landowner and the BA over refuse disposal and that was holding things up. That may have been the old moorings though which have now entirely gone anyway. I could have cried last week when I saw the diggers at work removing the last of the quay heading. :cry (I think this a tearful emoticon!) 

On 04/05/2017 at 10:12 AM, RickWhiteHorse said:

not yet, we are aiming for 19th may

Hi Rick, would you be willing to have a charity bottle on the bar for Hemsby Lifeboat? (We run a broads lifeboat and often have to launch from the slip opposite your pub). 

• Like 1