Bad Form To Fly An Ensign On A Hire Boat?

JamesLV

1 hour ago, ChrisB said:

Not heard that one. 

I was always told "An umbrella, a suitcase and a Naval Officer"

I agree that a suitcase is utterly useless on a boat but a brolly can be handy. Anglers have also been known to use their large umbrellas to power their rowing dinghies downwind!

Drascombe 048.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

I agree that a suitcase is utterly useless on a boat but a brolly can be handy. Anglers have also been known to use their large umbrellas to power their rowing dinghies downwind!

Drascombe 048.jpg

It would have to be a better quality brolly than my ones, they turn inside out at the merest puff.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Oh pesky MODS -  can't use the term 'Puffs' on here. I thought we are politically correct? :naughty:

Griff

Should have put a quote on last post. But to reiterate. A Puff and a **** are a different type of animal. I think.

• Like 1

The Doris came up with an idea the other day (her brother is quite high up in the RN, so I'm sure it's fine :angel:)

we'll jerry rig a broom handle to the pulpit rail at exactly the height (or everso slightly higher than) the cabin, and lash a flag onto that, perfect for Ludham bridge!

• Like 3

Ay ay, pay attention there! :danceI suggested the traditional broom handle several posts ago.  

To get picky, it's really a stern siting for the red ensign, you could design your own pennant for the bow, or even fly an NBN  one. Broom for one and  boat hook for the other! :Stinky

• Like 3