Stern On Moorings On The Ant

Jocave

The last couple of visits we have been unable to get under Ludham bridge but this time we have hired a boat that will squeeze under, as its been many years since I last explored the river above the bridge we were just wondering  which moorings were stern on up that way?? Only asking as it would make things a lot easier for the wife to get off the boat as her mobility is not to good at the moment, thanks

Hi, I'm assuming that you're on Golden Emblem from your other thread?? Its looks to be very easy access from the stern as the rear door opens almost directly onto the flat bathing platform. Your only problem (if it is one) is that the bathing platform looks fairy low down so the missus might have to step up slightly to get over the key heading (if that makes sense). But if her mobility is limited, stern on sounds a good move. As others have said Gays Staithe would be a good choice and a nice sheltered mooring.

• Like 1

Sorry just crossed with your last post.

White Horse is an excellent pub and a sound choice IMHO.

Yes, you would need to be right at the bottom of the Staithe to be both side on and stern on if that makes sense. Might be worth getting there early to secure your chosen spot. Good luck!!

• Like 1

This is a picture of the village Staithe taken in February (bit quieter then, although you wont have the fishermen to contend with hopefully) :naughty:

You can see the bank at the bottom of the Staithe, there would be a bit of a step up I think from the bathing platform. Hopefully should be OK. You'll love the White Horse.

We were on Evening Light and I reckon access from the stern will be very similar.

Neatishead.JPG

• Like 3

Just now, NorfolkNog said:

Sorry just crossed with your last post.

White Horse is an excellent pub and a sound choice IMHO.

Yes, you would need to be right at the bottom of the Staithe to be both side on and stern on if that makes sense. Might be worth getting there early to secure your chosen spot. Good luck!!

Yeah thanks for that just re watched Russells blog when he overnighted there , if we can get to the end then that would be ideal, I think the wife is worrying too much anyway , she can do more than she thinks if she really wants to , its just that she is away from the comfort and familiar surroundings of home so is far more careful about falling and over excerting herself, as long as she takes her time and stops panicking about everything as she does at the moment she will be fine , maybe the Norfolk air will help her relax a bit , if not I'm sure the Pinot grigio will help ..

• Like 2

Just now, NorfolkNog said:

This is a picture of the village Staithe taken in February (bit quieter then, although you wont have the fishermen to contend with hopefully) :naughty:

You can see the bank at the bottom of the Staithe, there would be a bit of a step up I think from the bathing platform. Hopefully should be OK. You'll love the White Horse.

We were on Evening Light and I reckon access from the stern will be very similar.

Neatishead.JPG

Thanks cross posting again, just showed that picture to the wife, she loves the look of that and the sound of the White horse , we will definatly make that an overnight stop, thank you

• Like 2

Not sure about Stalham, there's the Swan which is OK I think but probably not as good as the White Horse. As Simon suggested Richardson's would certainly be an option - one idea might be to get a cab to Neatishead, shouldn't cost a fortune and you have the best of both worlds.

The club house in the holiday park opposite Rico's is good. The place by the public staithe who's name has escaped me also ok or the pub at Stalham green very good walk down the footpath beside the holiday park.  Also the Indian behind Tesco is excellent.

Doug 

• Like 1