A High One For The Time Of Year

ChrisB

Wow, bet those car owners wished they put some antifoul under their cars lol...

Imagine the salt water corrision on the sub chassis, no wonder floor pans and sills rot through in these areas. 

We are still short of rain though, the upper Thames (Oxford) where we are, are struggling for water, great risk of grounding.

Not for the first time,we have returned home beaten by the rain etc!

Had a good couple of days on the best side of that Bridge, but it was pretty dire this morning. Hope it gets better soon, hope to return Friday evening for the weekend.

The only time we had bad weather on the Broads was in June/July 40+ years where the rain & hailstones came horizontally.

Early September was almost always good.

If its any consolation its been raining part of today in Northern Germany & is set to do so for the next days (in fact it will get worse).

19 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Not short of rain on the Broads, not after last night!

Re corroding cars, one good reason for not buying a 4X4 from a coastal address. First sign of salt water flooding & the boys will be out with their toys!

With the amount of work I've put into the Landrover there is no way I'm going near salt water...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheQ said:

With the amount of work I've put into the Landrover there is no way I'm going near salt water...

I have had my share, the panels maybe Alli. But the bulkhead and chassis were not always protected as they could have been.