Bb Webcam

jeffbroadslover

I went on it earlier today and it was fine but seams like that its been taken off line now , heard elsewhere that's the case too , maybe they realised that it was sometimes pointing at the .such complained about development and could well be the reason why they have moved all the boats imposing on the river from the new Mooring's , to me just desert's , stick to planning or get your fingers  burned after all everyone else has to abide by the rules ! 

I love the Brinks webcam as viewing in real time can be quite amusing. I know that some of the angles of the camera have been removed, but it would be nice if the camera on one of it's angles would view the new moorings again like it use too when some of the boats/houseboats were there. 

53 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

I went on it earlier today and it was fine but seams like that its been taken off line now , heard elsewhere that's the case too , maybe they realised that it was sometimes pointing at the .such complained about development and could well be the reason why they have moved all the boats imposing on the river from the new Mooring's , to me just desert's , stick to planning or get your fingers  burned after all everyone else has to abide by the rules ! 

I must admit that I did view the plans for the development and when I saw these boats sticking out towards the river, it didn't seem right. But I naturally thought that I had viewed the plans wrong and Barnes wouldn't do something they weren't supposed to do. But because the camera doesn't swing around enough, you can't really come round to a conclusion.

Just now, Islander said:

Webcam back online again. Seems the camera angle showing the new moorings has been deleted! Shame as it was the best view of the river towards the bridge. 

Colin:default_drinks:

Hardly surprising given the intense monitoring/reporting/speculation/judgement that they have been subjected to from other places.

Dog with a bone springs to mind!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, smellyloo said:

Hardly surprising given the intense monitoring/reporting/speculation/judgement that they have been subjected to from other places.

Dog with a bone springs to mind!!

How right you are! Don't think it's quite a mountain out of a molehill but it has been subject to intense dissection & speculation.  This could prove to be a useful 'emotion' or whatever such things are called.

xx_funny_puppy_dog_with_a_bone_design_po

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm guessing that it won't stay that way. I am sure people who moor over the other side of the river will still want to view their boats to be sure they are OK. Also I imagine the overriding reason the camera was put there in the first place was to procure lots of traffic to the website, which lets Google know the site is popular and assists in pushing it up the rankings. Herbert Woods probably have the same idea. So if people stop finding it attractive, they will no longer search for it and Google will know!

• Like 1

The camera is cycling through the views again but you won't be surprised to learn the view down-river to the bridge is absent. Even the bridge height and the "under the bridge" views have been ammended. By the way it takes a long time to move from the view with the BB sign so bear with it.