Wind

ChrisB

Well having taken an hour extra getting to work queuing for the tunnel, as they shut the right hand tunnel - 'in case they had to shut the bridge'

we finally got moving when they re-opened the right hand tunnel at 8am, after the queues on the M25 reached swanley, and the A2 was backed up solid almost to Rochester, once I got through the traffic was flowing nicely across the bridge southbound, with no queue whatsoever, so they shut one tunnel in the rush hour - for what? all they did was create huge delays northbound, while the flow southbound - even if they had shut the bridge would not have caused more than a 30 minute delay while they swapped over, and the traffic would have been flowing Northbound instead of causing a huge tailback.

Rant over.

Yep a pretty interesting night on a boat last night more rock you awake than rock you to sleep , still everything is still intact , just need the river to lower a bit ,  lord knows how I got into Norwich yesterday it was pretty close n I'm not that tall air draft wise and when I did get there it was only a few inch's off the top at riverside .

Oh well that's one storm there will be others not that this one  has gone just yet so take care out there folks .

Why do folk leave their genoas on the firling gear over winter without a sheath over it? Still it is an ill wind! The sailmakers will do alright. Quite a lot of boats now open to the rain having lost their tarps and covers.