Wow!

tim

After a great day at Gelderston Locks, we managed to moor outside the Waveney House Hotel which is great because it was touch and go if we could get under the bridge and it saved the yacht station mooring fee however..............

£9.40 for a glass of wine and a pint of beer!

Cant remember last time I used the words ‘are you sure’ as I’m normally quite relaxed about prices as I’ve worked in London most of my working life!

the food menu doesn’t nave prices Mandy’s just gone to order the food, I’m bracing myself!

Still nice setting and great weather at least the pup has been fed  ;-)

Blimey seems I did ok

it wasn't even a big glass!

Out of interest, whilst in Gelderston Pims lemonade and a pint of ale was £6.20 whilst the same round at the Wherry was £8.40!

And I bought both!

My wife doesn't soil her hands with such matters!   ;-)

16 hours ago, Hylander said:

£9.40 I could feed a family of four for that.

3 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Not if I was a member of it you couldn't. :)

Only man I know who has six square meals a day, plus snacks.

1 hour ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Only man I know who has six square meals a day, plus snacks.

Takes a special kind of talent to make a meal stretch,   I learnt this from my old Mum.        Mind you that was before birth of all of these flakey people who today have to have a special meal cooked for them every day.   In my day it was eat up or go without.

2 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Takes a special kind of talent to make a meal stretch,   I learnt this from my old Mum.        Mind you that was before birth of all of these flakey people who today have to have a special meal cooked for them every day.   In my day it was eat up or go without.

In those days we had.

Two choices.

Eat it or starve

in my day you ate it - or you ate it cold at the next meal, saturday we would have a roast (pork or occasionally beef) sunday would be cold beef or pork, monday would be rissoles with any leftover meat, tuesday the bones were boiled up for stock to make soup for tuesday and wendesday, I cant remember what we had thursdays or fridays, probably luncheon meat with bread and dripping from the meat, then saturday was back to roast, my mum certainly knew how to make a joint of meat stretch through the week.

8 minutes ago, grendel said:

in my day you ate it - or you ate it cold at the next meal, saturday we would have a roast (pork or occasionally beef) sunday would be cold beef or pork, monday would be rissoles with any leftover meat, tuesday the bones were boiled up for stock to make soup for tuesday and wendesday, I cant remember what we had thursdays or fridays, probably luncheon meat with bread and dripping from the meat, then saturday was back to roast, my mum certainly knew how to make a joint of meat stretch through the week.

And all the family would mostly eat together too whenever possible. We still have cold meat with bubble ‘n squeak but I have heard of one family who chuck out the remains of a roast joint because they have never learnt what can be done with leftovers. Sacrilege!

I bet you could go out and leave the front door wide open and come home knowing no one would have been stealing anything back then too 

And you could walk out of one job and straight into another

And kids had respect

And people knew the value of money

And the grass was green

And the sky was blue....

27 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

I bet you could go out and leave the front door wide open and come home knowing no one would have been stealing anything back then too 

And kids had respect

And the grass was green

And the sky was blue....

And there was no internet! But the Broads were as beautiful as they are now, or maybe even better............:default_cool:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vanessan said:

And there was no internet!

What!!!!! :default_ohmy:

How did you all manage to buy your shopping, book your holidays and chat to complete strangers to tell them how they are wrong and you know everything about everything? :default_blink:

1 hour ago, Jayfire said:

And kids had respect

And the grass was green

And the sky was blue....

And God made little green apples.

Just now, Vaughan said:

And God made little green apples.

Which us youngsters made greener and rounder by modifying their genetic code :default_trophy: