24hr Moorings

CaptDave

38 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hi John, (and all) 

The only way i can think of as to why that should happen at Sutton is because (i believe) there is only one 240 leccy post and possibly the fisherman was set up there to use it?. Having said that, there`s still plenty of mooring space beyond it.

When I was fishing where the leccy point is there were no moorings, water or electricity just a bush with a kingfisher in who was catching more than me though I did catch a bat

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

What's a 1980 though Mrs V??? :default_smiley-angelic002:

It’s when life was a little less complicated Cap’n Jay. No mobile phones (which you could carry in your back pocket anyway!), no social media (which meant people talked to each other face to face), no YouTube (so embarrassing images of your helmsmanship weren’t displayed for all to see) and you could sit and fish and watch kingfishers without a boater demanding you move because he/she wanted your spot. You’d have liked it I’m sure. :default_icon_kiss:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vanessan said:

It’s when life was a little less complicated Cap’n Jay. No mobile phones (which you could carry in your back pocket anyway!), no social media (which meant people talked to each other face to face), no YouTube (so embarrassing images of your helmsmanship weren’t displayed for all to see) and you could sit and fish and watch kingfishers without a boater demanding you move because he/she wanted your spot. You’d have liked it I’m sure. :default_icon_kiss:

But was everything in black and white with no colour? :default_biggrin:

A 1960, now what the hell does that mean? :default_blink:

9 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Good heavens no, life was more colourful then! (You could use the word colour then without worrying you’d said something wrong!!) :default_norty:

Life was more colourful in a 1980? So do I want a 1980? Is it better than a 1960? 

I use the word colour all the time and never worry I've said something wrong. I say lots of things that I should worry about being wrong. I'm doing it right now :default_biggrin:

8 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I had pigtails then! 

I like pigtails. And ponytails. They are very useful :default_norty:

7 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Life was in four hundred and five lines too

I remember plenty of lines, although I think we are talking about 2 completely different things here :default_smiley-angelic002:

405-line-television-system-2a656c61-3f37-43c7-.jpg.3f917d9e7f361f68fc9457fb5c91deee.jpg

Wheres the ruddy remote???

Nah, this is a proper TV Mr Fire Sir 

For the record 625 started in early 60's (64 I think) with BBC2 

405 transmissions were finally switched off around 1980

Dual standard TV's with complicated and unreliable switching systems :default_biggrin:

See we've gone off topic again! :default_norty:

DSC_1587.JPG

1 minute ago, NorfolkNog said:

Nah, this is a proper TV Mr Fire Sir 

For the record 625 started in early 60's (64 I think) with BBC2 

405 transmissions were finally switched off around 1980

Dual standard TV's with complicated and unreliable switching systems :default_biggrin:

DSC_1587.JPG

That's a TV??? I'm not sure about watching Netflix on that weird rounded HD screen, but let's be honest Mr Nog....you've been trying to fix this 'TV' since this 1960 thing that everyone is talking about haven't you? :default_smiley-angelic002:

15 hours ago, Seagypsy said:

When I was fishing where the leccy point is there were no moorings, water or electricity just a bush with a kingfisher in who was catching more than me though I did catch a bat

This was when we were staying in a cottage just off the staithe called Poplars doesn't seem to be there now any one know anything about it. We also had a lovely varnished day boat on hire from Richos called Magnor I believe Colin Richardson has it now

2 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

See we've gone off topic again! :default_norty:

My word, how unusual. Blame Cap’n Jay. This topic was all quite straightforward until he came along!! Bless him, he is so innocent and naive. But I suppose we must continue to indulge and educate him. :default_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, vanessan said:

My word, how unusual. Blame Cap’n Jay. This topic was all quite straightforward until he came along!! Bless him, he is so innocent and naive. But I suppose we must continue to indulge and educate him. :default_smile:

Of course you should blame me for the thread going off topic, it's what I do :default_biggrin:

As for being so innocent and naive, :default_rofl:

I get all you lovely ladies "indulging" and "educating" me, I'm not as daft as I look.

Or sound. Or act. Or come across... :default_norty:

25 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

(No sleight intended towards Jay, and if contravenes site tos please delete)

well its very close to touching on politics, but having met Boris, I can safely say he isnt the buffoon he acts, he gets away with a lot more with the buffoon act though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grendel said:

he gets away with a lot more with the buffoon act though.

It is amazing how much you can get away with acting like a buffoon 

So I'm told of course  :default_smiley-angelic002: