Setting Off To Broads

ranworthbreeze

14 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Engine started and warps stowed and hook up removed I set off to Brammerton and moored at the Waters Edge, it seemed a shame not to call in for lunch and a couple of pints of Becks. Sitting outside in the sunshine drinking my second pint was good just watching the world go by.

Love a Becks or two myself Alan :default_biggrin:

I'm glad you had a great day, it is lovely sitting outside a riverside pub with a beer watching the world go by.

Take care

:default_beerchug:

All this talk about food is making me hungry, good job it's nearly lunch time, good to see you having a nice time on the water Alan and I'm a big fan of sitting outside the pubs too with a beer watching the world go by.

• Like 1

One of my favourite places to moor up and watch the world go by  is outside Coldham Hall. On a Saturday afternoon  I used to love watching the hire boaters at the start of their holiday being put through their instruction period prior to taking the boat off.

Carole

• Haha 1

My Brother, Kevin & his wife Linda arrived at the boat on Thursday afternoon around 13.30 after a three & half hours journey. We went up to the Bistro and had  a bite & and a coffee.

Once back aboard and their things stowed we made up the forward berth. After doing the daily checks we set off up the river, I allowed Kevin to take the helm after we had left the marina. This was short lived however because we moored at the Ferry House Inn, I had already booked a mooring and a table for 7.00 pm. 

We left the pub a little after 9.00 pm, Ross gave me a call the new girl that had started that day had not told her that we had already paid our tab, it would be not the first time I have got back to the boat and realised that I have not paid and have had to go back to pay. We headed back to the boat for a coffee and a chat before retiring for the night but had a chat to a couple that were moored near to us on a Broom Captain.

Kevin & Linda had a sound nights sleep but I kept waking up, I still have the cough which I believe was the issue.  

We got up at 6.00 am and had breakfast, the idea was to head up towards Norwich and moor up at Commissioners Cut and get the bus in Norwich, the weather made this idea somewhat silly so we headed back to the marina and caught the train into Norwich instead. 

We had a walk around and eventually went to the Cathedral, Kevin & Linda had been been in it before so we waited a short while and joined the 2.00 pm tour. The lady that took us around made the tour interesting and informative and it took an hour and forty minutes going around. We called in the shop and walked back to the station for our return journey back to Brundall, according t the timetable it should have been a three carriage train, unfortunately only a single carriage train turned up so it was packed  and a number of people had to stand by the doors.  

We walked back to the boat and opened a bottle of wine and talked before we walked back up to the Yare for our evening meal and  the odd beer.

Back at the boat it was raining again, so we quickly got back on board, after a coffee we retired to bed and had a better night, it might have been 5 miles of walking we had done during the day or the beer.

Saturday morning up again at 6.00 am and the day looked promising, this was not to last and by the time I had cooked breakfast, it had rained and hailed.

We decided to go into Wroxham, I must have had a mental moment or maybe I just wanted a cheap day because I forgot to take my wallet or any change with me, I did not notice even though I had tried on a jumper in Roy's. Kevin had to take pity on me and buy us all lunch at Ken's.

I had called in Jeckells with the upper helm seat insert, I had noticed there were two cracks in the leather-cloth, I asked Peter to make another insert and let me know when it was complete for collection by another of our owners.

Back to the Brundall and the boat we said our goodbyes and Kevin & Linda headed back home to Rotherham. 

More rain and hail this afternoon whist I type and drink a glass of Peroni. The wind is blowing the boat about but it is currently sunny, it looks like I will be staying on the boat, having a light meal watching a DVD and maybe an early night.

Regards

Alan

• Like 7

It’s certainly an unseasonably cold day. We’re at the caravan and the showers are blowing in so fast there’s not even been a clear spell to get out for a walk. Such a shame. We’ll see what tomorrow is like before deciding whether to stay to Monday or go home sooner. 

Glad to hear that you’ve had some company on board. 

• Like 2

"It would not be the first time I have got back to the boat and realised that I had not paid"...…….That's what they all say :default_biggrin:

I hope the weather improves for you Alan, it's been strange weather where I am today, sunny and calm one minute and blowing a gale with rain the next

Have a lovely time

Grace

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gracie said:

"It would not be the first time I have got back to the boat and realised that I had not paid"...…….That's what they all say :default_biggrin:

Well you don't.

I've never taken you out and seen any intention from you of spending a single penny or actually go to the bar either

:default_hiding:

14 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Well you don't.

I've never taken you out and seen any intention from you of spending a single penny or actually go to the bar either

:default_hiding:

Oi you cheeky beggar, you always say I'm not to go to the bar thank you very much. I got you a bun from Latham's didn't I? :default_biggrin:

Grace :default_icon_kiss:

12 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Oi you cheeky beggar, you always say I'm not to go to the bar thank you very much

10 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Oi you cheeky beggar, you always say I'm not to go to the bar thank you very much

I don't have to tell you twice either like you want to do to me.

You did get me a bun from Latham's whilst I sat outside the pub in the sunshine drinking a Stella, but I never knew why as you know I don't put rubbish in my body :default_beerchug:

3 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

More rain and hail this afternoon whist I type and drink a glass of Peroni.

Big thumbs up for the Peroni Alan :default_beerchug:

I hope the sun keeps shining and the wind drops for you. I'm enjoying reading how your visit to the boat is going :default_smile:

14 hours ago, Jayfire said:

In which case is this you Alan??? :default_smiley-angelic002:

20190504_163503.jpg.e607b5c1b2ab0e066309f4ba433c4ec5.jpg

Hi Jay,

It is almost a spitting image of me, but I have more teeth, slightly more hair and I look better without a tie.

Cheese bought this week includes Black Bomber, Cornish Yarg, Stilton, Cheshire and for Wallis's benefit some Wenslydale.

Regards

Alan

12 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

It's not a case of deep pockets and short arms is it Alan?Glad your having a good time despite the weather:default_biggrin:

Hi Ian,

I know I come from Griff's neck of the woods but we are renowned not for being tight just careful!

When we decided to go to Wroxham I was the first ready sat on the back of the boat, the boat keys in the door lock and ready I thought for the day! The fact that I was trying on clothes in Roy's with no idea that I had no funds to pay for them, I was also looking around their chemists for some sugar free cough sweets. When I found out I was without funds, my pockets felt very empty.

Regards

Alan

Saturday 4th May, After my Brother left the boat, I caught up on my computer and had a light evening meal of beans on toast with grated cheese on top. I followed up with an apple and had a beer whilst watching some cheap DVD's, The Scarecrow was somewhat predictable, but it was company of sorts.

I decided to have an early night and was in bed by a little after 8.15 pm, it was still raining and windy, but I managed to sleep in until 6.00 am, up and dressed and caught up on the forum before breakfast, just cereals and fruit this morning. 

Breakfast done and pots washed I got ready to go up to one of the wet-rooms  for a shower (no Jay it was not my birthday) ablutions performed I headed back to the boat and got chatting on my arrival on the pontoon.

Graham had left a message on my phone when I got back aboard Ranworth Breeze, to give him a call, I had already put a potato into the oven for lunch so I turned off the gas after Graham said he was nipping over to the boat and he would have lunch with me in the Yare. 

I had been planning mooring up at Bramerton Green for the day and evening, maybe another day. 

This gave me a short while to clean the upper seating that I had meaning to do all week, it was hardly dirty apart from some of the seams in the leather-cloth. 

Graham arrived and we talked on the boat before going up to the Yare. We had burgers me beef and he had a chicken burger, we were the last to leave the bar around 3.15 to 3.30 pm, back on the boat we talked away until Graham had to leave to take care of his dogs. It was good to see him again, between us we could talk both the fore and hind legs off of donkeys, he is great company and do miss him in the syndicate.

I am sat having a lime and soda for a change rather than a beer, I will more than likely have a beer later with my jacket potato and sausages for tea. It makes a change for the rain to have finished and the wind has died down, a few boats have gone out of the marina today, no doubt to Bramerton whilst dodging the two yacht clubs that are racing in front of Coldham Hall.

Regards

Alan

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Breakfast done and pots washed I got ready to go up to one of the wet-rooms  for a shower (no Jay it was not my birthday)

As if I would Alan :default_smiley-angelic002:

Great read of your day once more sir, although I can't say I approve of the lime and soda :default_biggrin:

:default_beerchug:

25 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

Alan, I think the 6oz burger is the best thing on the Yare's menu. You can tell it's homemade and not pre-manufactured and together with the salad and chips, it beats anything up here in Leeds.

The steaks are nice as well as the burgers, been dropping in there after a spell on the boat on the way back to my lodgings recently whilst the boat is reworked to my specs.

• Like 3