Boat Design And Bridges.

Ray

Maybe someone could adapt this concept to the broads. The front portion could be made low enough to get under Potter and the rear portion could have your flying bridge controls, sun deck, drinks cabinet, BBQ etc. All you'd have to do was leave the rear portion on a suitable mooring near Potter. I'm sure Herbert Woods wouldn't mind...

Disco Volante.png

• Like 2

So if we sketch out the 'ole in that there bridge...
Bridge 1.jpg
then sketch out a design of a boat to go through that there 'ole...adding a deck to walk round it...

Bridge 2.jpg
we should get the best design fpr a Broads boat...
Bridge 3.jpg

...the common all garden, I can't believe it's not plastic, generic Broads Design Boat! I know I'm missing something here! :default_norty:

Hi Timbo

That's exactly what was done by Andy Wolstenhome when he designed the Lowliner.  With a tide of 6' 9" it all bit fits the hole.  The problem is that the Lowliner was designed at a time when a 6' 9" low tide (and lower) was almost guaranteed mosts days during the Whit to September holiday season.  Not any more.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Siddy said:

Turn the bridge into a lock, leave it open for low boats. close the gates for bigger boats and pump out the few inches required then pass through and flood again.

Simples.

It would be far quicker and one hell of a lot cheaper to simply raise it to a maximum height of 7'6"". That way, it takes it back to how it was originally, and keep it looking the same. A simple case of "sympathetic restoration". 

I think a bypass would be better , leave the main river on the right before the chalets coming up river, go behind them and the fish and chip shop. Tunnel through the road bypass, rejoin after the new bridge.

3 minutes ago, TheQ said:

I think a bypass would be better , leave the main river on the right before the chalets coming up river, go behind them and the fish and chip shop. Tunnel through the road bypass, rejoin after the new bridge.

Is it April Fools Day already? :default_gbxhmm: :default_icon_e_biggrin: