Homophobe? Don't Book With Us!

Vaughan

Quote:-  "We will refuse to hand over the boat if the "unreasonable" behaviour of anyone in your party is likely to cause offence to other guests, to members of staff or to neighbours. "

If that is thier stance, it is very chicken and egg.   I can't work out how they are going to 'police' this.

Clive.

3 hours ago, TheLaird said:

Quote:-  "We will refuse to hand over the boat if the "unreasonable" behaviour of anyone in your party is likely to cause offence to other guests, to members of staff or to neighbours. "

If that is thier stance, it is very chicken and egg.   I can't work out how they are going to 'police' this.

Clive.

Shame they Don't adopt that policy to drunken yobs then is'nt it?. 

I saw this today, it struck a chord with me and so true...…...

Homophobia is like Racism and any other form of bigotry 

in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to

deny their Humanity, their Dignity and Personhood

At the end of the day we are all  Human Beings and should

be treated as such no matter our Race, our Colour or sexuality

Grace

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Well posted Gracie.

Oh Lord - when will people just get on with their own lives and stop trying to judge everyone.     The supermarket delivery man and myself have just been having a conversation about customers different deliveries.    He said some people only have drink and fags , and my reply was - it is their money and what they do with it is up to them.    I felt like saying your job is to deliver the products.  This NHS nonsense where it doesn't matter what you eat , drink or do , it doesn't matter what it is - according to them it is wrong.   

The next medical person that is twice my size that wants to advise me on my weight is going to get told.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Hylander said:

The next medical person that is twice my size that wants to advise me on my weight is going to get told.

just because they know the facts and pass them on doesnt mean that they are able to follow their own advice, my daughter works within the NHS umbrella, and isnt the smallest person in the world, and she has been on the recieving end of lots of bigotry for being overweight, there are many reasons someone may be overweight and not all of them can be controlled, so while a larger person may be able to give out dietry advice, they may not benefit from following it themselves.

I guess all the above comments re race and sexuality also apply to size (large medium and small), you can replace the words racism and homophobia in Graces quote with any other differences and it would be just as true as the original quote.

a doctor doesnt have to have perfect blood pressure themselves to be able to tell you yours is too high, I guess its all about how they tell you, and whether they come across as blaming you for your medical problems as to how the advice is recieved.

rather than confronting the person, how about talking with them about whether they have personally found any effective methods of losing weight - that is if that is what they are advising you, often mutual discussion can be more rewarding than confrontation.

• Like 8

If Hoseasons have started many discussions like this one up and down the country then they have already achieved a lot.

Our discussion here has been incredibly informative and many considered points of view expressed politely from each member's own experience. 

Here I have been, banging on about being careful to think about and consider those who suffer discrimination and Grendel writes a post that covers just such a situation that I'd never considered.

We can only ever strive to do better, being perfect is way above my pay grade!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I do have a fairly strong opinion on this. We all know that the NHS is strapped and it is my belief that we all have a duty of care to ourselves. We all know that smoking, drinking well beyond the recommended limit, taking no exercise and eating too much of the wrong foods is bad for us. And this self inflicted harm by many is putting an avoidable strain on our health service. I don't think it is just a matter of choice, it is selfish in the extreme.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Coryton said:

Maybe some of them cheat by not being drunk when the boat is handed over?

I remember reading a thread on here some time ago where a boat hired from Barnes Brinkcraft was taken over by a group of lads, some already smelling of alcahol, who promptly filled the boat with crates of beer.  I don`t think they were on bird watching holiday :default_laugh:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

I remember reading a thread on here some time ago where a boat hired from Barnes Brinkcraft was taken over by a group of lads, some already smelling of alcahol, who promptly filled the boat with crates of beer.  I don`t think they were on bird watching holiday :default_laugh:

Depends what you mean by bird, I imagine...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1