River Levels Low

tonplus

We are also approaching the Autumnal Equinox. When Sun and Moon coinside over the equator greater than normal Spring Tides occur. The equinox is often accompanied by strong winds. The actual time of the Equinox this year is 0850 hours on the 23rd September.

The other notable fact being that this year it will mark my attainment of "Three Score Years and Ten" Yes I was born on the Autumnal Equinox 70 years ago!. Someone who believes in these things once tried to tell me that is where my love of the " Bleak", the mountains, Blue Water sailing and the wild places of the World came from.

• Like 1

Yesterday it looked like the tide was lower than we’ve ever seen it in the last three years on the coast here. And this morning it did look higher than ever. The groynes were almost completely underwater on this stretch of disused beach just to the north of Lowestoft. 

33 minutes ago, tonplus said:

Think our prop is hitting the bottom at Acle, either that or the leg has packed up :default_icon_eek:  will wait for high water and see if she'll move then. 

Did manage to get out after the level came up. Obviously there is something in our mooring lurking under the water :default_sad:

There is, the bottom.

• Haha 1