Oulton Broad Yacht Station

Ray

Hoping to visit Oulton again in the near future and would like a clearer idea of mooring there.

Last time I visited there seemed to be no one about, I couldn't see the entrance until I was almost on it, but obviously know where it is now. But where exactly do you or can you moor? I ended up stern on to the wall by the footpath, skillful timing meant I got back to her just before the ropes were too tight to undo  (yep, forgot to allow enough for the tide! Doh!)

Never found anyone to give money too or ask advice so I'd like to be better prepared this time! Or just go to one of the pub moorings!

• Like 1

Are you sure that you were at Oulton Broad Ray ?

Harbour master is Paul and his assistants are Bob,Simon Les and a new guy who has just started. Neil also helps out in the summer. Ring for a mooring and ask to be put on the floating pontoon with optional electric

Boycee :default_beerchug: 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, boycee said:

Are you sure that you were at Oulton Broad Ray ?

1 hour ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

I agree were you at the Wherry Hotel, and not the YS.

I began to wonder that myself! But no, we walked around over the foot bridge to visit the Wherry Hotel! It was in mid May and a nice day, I slipped through some sort of Norfolk "Bermuda Triangle" I think! I'm looking for a photo I took which may help pin point where I moored.

I came in through the gap you can see in the middle of the photo.

IMG_20190515_150211.jpg

• Like 1

We always phone to book a mooring in advance to avoid disappointment... There so helpful there it’s great place to moor and explore... You can side on moor on the outside of the pontoons like we did but that’s a bit extra... we paid £18.50 with electric for the night... We Love Oulton Broad... :default_beerchug:...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ray said:

Thanks for all the positive answers every one, I'll definitely book in advance next time and will feel a lot more confident about it 👍

We used to call them up on approach having made a previous booking and they would always be there waiting. Great service.  There would always be a few 'tinnies' offered, and welcomed, does that still apply?