Full Share For Sale On Thunder

9 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

How do the 4% shares work? Do you receive weeks in the same two seasons each year or does it change? 

Hi Simon, I have an 8% and 4% share in Silver Cloud. The 4% share (at least in our syndicate) gives a week each in the Spring and Summer allocation. 

Fred

28 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

How do the 4% shares work? Do you receive weeks in the same two seasons each year or does it change? 

Hi Simon,

On Lightning, the 4% share weeks alternate seasons each year,  Winter / Summer,  then Spring / Autumn.  I think Thunder may do the same, but they still draw from a hat, whereas our`s all automated on a rolling block basis. I know Thunder has "prefered weeks, but not sure about the 4% share.

On the Ranworth Breeze Syndicate we have 6 school shares and 14 standard shares. 

The school shares currently our drawn at the yearly AGM which give each owner a week in the summer school holidays and a week in the first 6 weeks of the season, we agreed at this years AGM to implement a cascading or rolling allocation on the school weeks from 2021. 

Our 14 standard weeks are split into green and red weeks which alternate each year, one year you draw  from the hat in the green weeks, the following year the red weeks, this gives you a varied experience of the Broads throughout the year (other than the school weeks).

It works for us.

Regards 

Alan 

• Like 1

Now, I must admit that Graham and I did get a bargain price on a Moonlight Shadow share. There were more than the usual number of shares up for sale last summer due to a couple of members having bought their own boats plus a share offered up due to ill health and another due to bereavement. These things happen.
What we found at the AGM was that the shareholders were committed to keeping the boat ‘up to spec’. Which is  just what we had hoped. So, my advice is: the share price on offer may be due to departing owners’ circumstances. Don’t take it as a judgment of the standard of the boat.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Now, I must admit that Graham and I did get a bargain price on a Moonlight Shadow share. There were more than the usual number of shares up for sale last summer due to a couple of members having bought their own boats plus a share offered up due to ill health and another due to bereavement. These things happen.
What we found at the AGM was that the shareholders were committed to keeping the boat ‘up to spec’. Which is  just what we had hoped. So, my advice is: the share price on offer may be due to departing owners’ circumstances. Don’t take it as a judgment of the standard of the boat.

Well said Helen and thank you :default_icon_clap:

Indeed.

I think this thread went adrift a bit, but essentially @jimbob88 is looking to sell because his other half has not been bitten by the boating bug...

The asking price is £4800 but if anyone is interested then you could always make an offer - The worst he can say is no, or that he's looking for a little more. But you may get yourself a bargain, and a share in a great boat....

Also remember that if buying directly from the current owner of the share then the owner won't need to pay any sales fees to BCBM, meaning the owner can factor it in and pass that saving on....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

How much does the winter maintenance cost work out at per share on average?Or is it unpredictable depending on what needs doing? I notice according to the budget numbers on BCBM Thunder has a comparatively low annual budget so the winter maintenance add-on becomes a big consideration. 

Well over the past few years we have done some rather large upgrades the engine being one but now we have set up a fund of £10 per month per full share that goes towards upgrades. This year we have decided to upgrade one of the bathrooms. The first part of winter maintenance is £180ish per full share but the remaining half should be almost completely covered by the monthly fund we pay into so long as all members are happy to proceed with that.   

• Thanks 1

Thunder has had a lot of work done, Simon, and it's work that I know some of the other syndicate boats really need doing.

The engine is one major item but also there has been a rewire of most of the boat, new split charging system and battery charger etc.

The syndicate has spent a lot of money over the last few years and is now onto more cosmetic things like refurbishing the heads in order to keep the boat at a decent standard.

• Like 2

I have a spreadsheet just for such occasions....

Winter Maintenance (WM) 2014/15 - £2,798

WM 2015/15 - £3,028

WM 2016/17 - £5,208 (includes rear mattress @ £651 and 6 new batteries @ £1,129)

WM 2017/18 - £19,859 (includes new engine and re-wire)

WM 2018/19 - £6,555 (new carpet throughout £2,369 and new front mattress V berth £785)

Jan 19 we also had new battery charger and upper helm chair.

Sent from my iPhone using Norfolk Broads Network

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1