Acle B.N.P.

JennyMorgan

39 minutes ago, rightsaidfred said:

You remind me of someone else I know who only hears what they want to hear, if you look back I am sure you will find many complaints by numerous members about dredging, moorings etc etc. far more people than the so called gang of knockers on this topic.

As for local councils as a toll payer my concern is with the navigation, local residents are the ones to take their local authority to task those that also pay tolls have an interest in both, the big difference is that the local residents have recourse through the ballot box toll payers dont.

Fred

Hells Bells and tinsel Fred, you remember The System 64 or abouts, yon Grockles un Emmets! Took over Purbic unTorbay, then Wealas done Kernow. All tarred the same. Yus do want blood for yus drachmas. No different for Northfolk, bets yer symposium un snap comes on yer cart. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ChrisB said:

Hells Bells and tinsel Fred, you remember The System 64 or abouts, yon Grockles un Emmets! Took over Purbic unTorbay, then Wealas done Kernow. All tarred the same. Yus do want blood for yus drachmas. No different for Northfolk, bets yer symposium un snap comes on yer cart. 

That's easy for you to say

59 minutes ago, batrabill said:

I'm curious if other members think that using the NBN for campaigning is a good or bad thing. Genuinely interested.

Bad. If this site becomes a lobbying or pressure group then I wish to have nothing to do with it.

• Like 2

Perhaps as it is now. Stalham, you should ask ALL of the residents - not just a select few, many of whom reside all over the country?

Bet Clive and his staff and holidaymakers are not going to object, just people who have bigger issues than will be on the agenda! Yet it is those people who bring, and continue to bring money to the town.

And yes I agree with Chris B totally but thats what this Forum has already become - and ultimately I believe will be the worse for it. Never mind I still enjoy the other bits...!

39 minutes ago, Maxwellian said:

I will use the language of my choice as is my right. Your right is to ignore it.

Very well so be it , that said in England we use English as a first language so Fred is quite right , that said if you prefer to drift off into another language then feel free as most Will as you stated ignore it .

“I would much rather that the many negative threads started by those who campaign against the BA, and specifically it CEO, did not even appear here, but were confined to campaigning sites like Protect The Broads We are Not a National Park.

I'm sorry, but the nub of this is a rather childish, but unfortunately accurate, "He started it Miss"

If this site is used as a vehicle to campaign, then there will always be push back.”

I agree with all of the above posted by Batrabill. The same few insistent wranglers are damaging this Forum. We suffer as NBF suffered before us.

I have been reading the same squabbling for something like15 years!!

I think of it as the abuse of a  resource, to which some of us commit time and money, only to see it subverted.

Have I lobbied Parliament? yes

Have I written in support of the Broads? Yes again.

Do I think the anti BA campaign has lost its objectivity and balance? 
You bet I do! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Since we're really getting into this...

If you have a look at "the other place" you will see the same people making the same points, only the names seem to have changed.

If you go to Facebook and look at Norfolk Broads News, you will find its administered by the people who administer Protect the Broads We are Not a Blah Blah.

I got banned from Norfolk Broads News for arguing with them.

Nowhere is safe!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, batrabill said:

I'm curious if other members think that using the NBN for campaigning is a good or bad thing. Genuinely interested.

Perhaps you would like to address the balance & submit a response to the Council then, Bill. People are free to do as they wish, even ignore this thread altogether, your choice, their choice. Good or bad, your choice! 

Some of us are/were mods and have to plough through, not ignore so that isn’t the whole picture.  
This Forum also has a committee (non moderating) who read as a matter of duty if you like. 

My point is not that issues should never appear but that the endless wrangling is deeply counterproductive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, batrabill said:

Since we're really getting into this...

If you have a look at "the other place" you will see the same people making the same points, only the names seem to have changed.

If you go to Facebook and look at Norfolk Broads News, you will find its administered by the people who administer Protect the Broads We are Not a Blah Blah.

I got banned from Norfolk Broads News for arguing with them.

Nowhere is safe!

Funnily enough I have never been banned from anywhere or reprimanded but that is beside the point.

34 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

Bad. If this site becomes a lobbying or pressure group then I wish to have nothing to do with it.

Reporting on something especially when it is already in the public domain and then discussing it is hardly lobbying, what happens elsewhere is nothing to do with what happens here whether or not some respondents post in more than one place.

Fred

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rightsaidfred said:

Funnily enough I have never been banned from anywhere or reprimanded but that is beside the point.

Reporting on something especially when it is already in the public domain and then discussing it is hardly lobbying, what happens elsewhere is nothing to do with what happens here whether or not some respondents post in more than one place.

Fred

Except JM is happy to admit he's campaigning, not reporting ....

1 minute ago, batrabill said:

Except JM is happy to admit he's campaigning, not reporting ....

11 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Perhaps you would like to address the balance & submit a response to the Council then, Bill. People are free to do as they wish, even ignore this thread altogether, your choice, their choice. Good or bad, your choice! 

The invite to you is hardly campaigning.

Fred

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, D46 said:

Do you consider that this post and the last one are helpful towards being productive ?? To me it will antagonize some people .

Perhaps I am as guilty as anyone and if so I am sorry. Endless wrangling, rather than debate, especially by one particular individual, is annoying and adds nothing to the debate. 

Good night from me, and hopefully good night from him!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Perhaps I am as guilty as anyone and if so I am sorry. Endless wrangling, rather than debate, especially by one particular individual, is annoying and adds nothing to the debate. 

Good night from me, and hopefully good night from him!

That post by myself wasn't outlined at you JM but since it appears been removed by a mod I could be seen as a general observation now when it most certainly wasn't as it was addressed to one person ( not yourself ) .