Hello Everyone

Guest GreenJack

Guest GreenJack

I have been reading the forum for a long time and feel like I know many of you already, but I felt it was time to break my silence and say hello, so hello :default_biggrin:

I have been hiring on the broads since around 2014, once I hired and I got my first taste, I loved it and couldnt wait to get back every year.

I hope to meet and greet with you all in due course and have a good chat on the forum too

Welcome on board, it's a great place to pick up tips and information with members who have a wealth of knowledge about boats and the Broads (except for me...lol)

John.

Guest GreenJack

Thank you kindly John, I am not ashamed to say that I am sure you are a boat and broads genius in comparison to I, but I would love to learn from any wealth of expertise you and anyone else would kindly share with me

Hi GreenJack, we first hired in 2014 too. We have maybe had a slightly atypical intro to the Broads. Started out on a sailey then started on cruisers out of season. Love them all! Nice to hear from another boater from that 2014 vintage who has fallen in love with the Broads.

:default_welcome:

Guest GreenJack

Hello YnysMon (I do hope I have spelt that correctly).

I hired from Bridgecraft in 2014 with friends of mine, I have to say that I have never sailed, but always try and pay them the greatest respect that I would anybody in any walk of life.

None of them have shouted at me yet so finger crossed I am doing something correct, whether it be luck or judgement 

Guest GreenJack

Thank you YnysMon

I fear how my mother would look at me for being disrespectful or ignoring someone :default_biggrin:

I'm sure all of the people on this forum would respect all users of our beautiful Norfolk and Suffolk Broads

Guest GreenJack

Hello NorfolkNog

50 posts? Sorry am I reaching a limit? Have I spoken too much? I haven't learned the rules of the forum yet, I do apologise.

My name is of the beer, purely because I drank one whilst on holiday. I don't even remember which pub I am afraid, and I am not imaginative enough to think of a fancy forum name :default_biggrin:

Thank you for the welcome

6 hours ago, GreenJack said:

50 posts? Sorry am I reaching a limit? Have I spoken too much? I haven't learned the rules of the forum yet, I do apologise.

No, on the contrary, don't apologise GJ :default_biggrin:

No, once you achieve the magical 50 post mark you (hopefully) undergo the amazing NBN induction ceremony :default_norty:

You'll love it. 

Also a very fine brewery :default_beerchug:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Well if you keep going at this rate GJ you'll soon have your 50 posts :default_biggrin:

Are you named after the beer?

A warm welcome by the way :default_beerchug:

Welcome - I was about to say that after having woken up, checked the forum and seen GJs posts :594c04f07a501_default_AnimatedGifCats(124):

1 hour ago, NorfolkNog said:

No, once you achieve the magical 50 post mark you (hopefully) undergo the amazing NBN induction ceremony :default_norty:

You'll love it. 

They have got much better at it these days.  My scars healed really quickly  and now they use a cruiser rather than a yacht for the keel hauling you don't get stuck in the mud on your way down. :default_biggrin:

Welcome to the mad house Green Jack

• Haha 2