It's Been A While!

dwhitty

Hi everyone,

I used to be a constant lurker here many years ago and recently was pointed here by a member (not a derogatory term). I won't mention his name as you might block him. :default_biggrin: 

Whilst lockdown has curtailed our jollies for a while I have been putting old footage together to create a series of Lockdown Videos. If you have a spare day or two you can check out the playlist at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLl9T4O9V1ZRdOBF-MY1iskxDkgmlPydFR

I had an email from Fred (whoops, cat out of bag) regarding another issue and then he told me to get over here as people are talking about me. My paranoia kicked in so I thought I better check it out.  Reading through the comments I would like to thank you all for your kind words and apologise to YnysMon for the confusion.

Having a quick look around and it has grown a lot since I was last here. I will have a good look around tomorrow after fishing.

• Like 7

Welcome Dave! I'm Simon and I've posted comments on your You Tube channel to which you've kindly responded. I've been one of the people singing your praises on here.

For the benefit of the uninitiated, the "series of lockdown videos" which Dave mentions isn't just any series. Every single day since lockdown began, he's sought out previous footage, re-edited to 10-15 minutes per video and uploaded so the series has grown to 84 episodes currently. Not only that, he's added new music, introductory commentary, famous quotes, jokes and some clever and sometimes hilarious "green screen" imprintations of himself. At breakfast time each day I've swapped Piers Morgan shouting at people with Dave's daily content and it sets me up for the day nicely.

• Like 3

You are naughty, Mr MM, to launch a really confusing message about our dear chairperson on an unsuspecting newbie.

Our Timbo is...let’s just say ‘a character’ (he’ll probably say I’m a character assassin or similar).

I tend to just check in on ‘latest posts’ nowadays, but when I was new to the forum I checked out how the ‘structure’ works, and had a delightful few weeks dipping in on other form members past holiday blogs. There are areas reserved for non-Broads topics (the ‘Broadscot lounge’ renamed a few years back after the demise of a particularly well loved and genial ‘mod’).

Bear in mind that the forum definitely isn’t at its best at present. It’s still in ‘winter’ mode, when people are frustrated that they can’t get on the water. Once restrictions are lifted and we can get on our boats again it will be back to better times.

Helen

p.s. I forgot to mention that there’s a thread for syndicate boats, but that’s in the members section that you’ll have access to after your first 50 posts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That's a good summary Helen.

Dave you've seen my videos but if you want the full experience then you can find my write-ups in the holiday tales section. Mind you, you don't really need my hire boat reviews given your own position with Silver Cloud. Such a lovely looking boat. No offence to anyone else but that's one very nice syndicate boat. 

• Like 1