Take Away/deliveries When On The Northern Broads....

Hi - I am after some advice..... we are due to be coming on The Broads in May (all being well!:1359_pray_tone5:)...... and depending on where we are with pubs being open etc I am trying to think ahead regarding what options are available in terms of take aways we can collect or places where people deliver take aways to the boat.....

I haven't been for a while but knew there used to be a chinese take away in Horning, I think a Chinese or Indian that used to deliver to Ranworth?...... just want to know if they are still options plus also where else up the North can you moor and have food delivered?

Thanks a lot in advance! 

1 hour ago, Cal said:

There is a cracking Indian that delivers at Stalham. They will deliver to the staithe or to the boatyard.

That be Oasis on Upper Staithe Road (near the cycle shop and hardware shop). Agreed, excellent food, delivered to us when we managed to moor at the staithe opposite the restaurant (Mermad's Slipper??)

5 minutes ago, chrisdobson45 said:

That be Oasis on Upper Staithe Road (near the cycle shop and hardware shop). Agreed, excellent food, delivered to us when we managed to moor at the staithe opposite the restaurant (Mermad's Slipper??)

That's the one. They have delivered to us both on the staithe and in Richardsons yard.

24 minutes ago, WherryNice said:

The chinese that delivered to Ranworth(actually located in S.Walsham) closed a while ago now.

The chinese at S.Walsham came and collected us from Ranworth and drove us back after the meal.Thats what you call service.😀

On 02/02/2021 at 13:29, WherryNice said:

The chinese that delivered to Ranworth(actually located in S.Walsham) closed a while ago now.

I'm sure I've seen one advertising on a Broads Facebook group for delivery to Ranworth over the last few days, although I may be mistaken. I hope not, they were great. Fantastic meal delivered right to my transom door :default_laugh:

• Like 1

We have had deliveries from the Chinese in Horning for a small charge. Really good food, very friendly service ... you just have to make sure that you've got cash to pay them. They are still there and open more days than a lot of other places doing food at the moment.

I think what you can get in terms of takeaways may depend how open the pubs and restaurants are come May.

Places like the King's Arms in Ludham, the White Horse in Neatishead and the Hotel Wroxham are all doing takeaway some days of the week at the moment. I've not used them as we're staying local and I would need to drive to get there ... which isn't really essential travel right now when I've got plenty of food in my fridge!