Live 'Carried Away By A Moonlight Shadow' Posts

YnysMon

1 hour ago, RS2021 said:

Not sure this is true. Certainly at the coast it is. But, inland low water is a combination of how high high tide has been plus how much water can flow down river before low water. For a neap you are starting lower so for the same volume of water escaping you get lower levels. For a spring I don't think there is enough time for enough water to escape to benefit from the low water springs give you on the coast.

Why is it all so complicated???

I think I'll just have to keep an eye on levels towards the end of next week and decide on which way to turn out of the Ant onto the Bure.

2 hours ago, Troyboy said:

Hi Helen,

We were on Goosander at Upton Dyke corner on Tuesday night. What a night that was. I've just viewed this thread and didn't realise you were on Moonlight  Shadow or I would have introduced myself. An opportunity missed.

Thanks for letting me know. At least we exchanged waves! 

2 hours ago, kpnut said:

Why is it all so complicated???

I think I'll just have to keep an eye on levels towards the end of next week and decide on which way to turn out of the Ant onto the Bure.

I had a message from someone I know who spends his summers on The Broads.  He came through Yarmouth about an hour and a half after low this morning and there was only 7’6” clearance.

I called the yacht station to get some idea of when to cross on Saturday morning and they told me that springs are actually tomorrow, but unless things change dramatically over the next couple of days, we should be okay to get under the bridges on Saturday morning, as long as we go through at low, not slack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mouldy said:

....... unless things change dramatically over the next couple of days, we should be okay to get under the bridges on Saturday morning, as long as we go through at low, not slack.

Hi Mouldy, I'll be going in the opposite direction Saturday morning (picking Karizma up from my lad who's been 'up north' all this week) and bringing her back 'down south'. What time did the YS recommend for low water?

Steve 

22 minutes ago, Karizma said:

Hi Mouldy, I'll be going in the opposite direction Saturday morning (picking Karizma up from my lad who's been 'up north' all this week) and bringing her back 'down south'. What time did the YS recommend for low water?

Steve 

Low at 08:15 on Saturday morning.  With you canopy and screen lowered, you should have more latitude.

• Thanks 1

We didn’t get carried away by MS this morning. We went to Caister on Sea instead and had a beach walk with the dogs. 
Alec has gone out on the paddle board this afternoon and Graham has made a start on cleaning the exterior.

• Like 1

I didn’t post earlier today. A boring morning of cleaning. At least we were spared the trip around to Boulter’s. I’d heard from another boater yesterday that Boulter’s pump out machine was broken, so asked the Manager of HPC if we could get a pump out and refuel. They were going to be too busy with their hire fleet this morning, but said they would be able to sort that out for us in the afternoon after we’d left the boat and sent the invoice through to us. I’m so glad we moved to Horning. The team there are so helpful. 

I’ve posted elsewhere that we went to the Upton White Horse after we’d vacated MS and found they were just starting up their weekend beer festival. Looks good. We had a lovely lunch before making our way back home. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

A boring morning of cleaning.

I must admit, Helen, that's one aspect of syndicate ownership I would struggle with. Don't get me wrong, I always leave a hire boat in a tidy condition but I'm very glad to pay someone else to clean to the standard needed for the next hirer. I know, comparatively, I pay through the nose for the privilege though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broads01 said:

I must admit, Helen, that's one aspect of syndicate ownership I would struggle with. Don't get me wrong, I always leave a hire boat in a tidy condition but I'm very glad to pay someone else to clean to the standard needed for the next hirer. I know, comparatively, I pay through the nose for the privilege though.

We do provide our owners with the contact details for a cleaner. It’s up to individuals to organise that if they wish. When we first joined the syndicate the weekly valet was part of the package, but we voted against that in a previous AGM (2019?). The reasoning behind the vote was that many of us preferred to clean the boat ourselves than pay for a valet. So, now we have a choice.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

On our way to MS for Trip 15 (whoopee!). This one's a bonus trip as one of our new Syndicate members couldn't use their week.

Currently at the La Hogue Farm Shop cafe for lunch. The day is warming up too, so a good start to the holiday. 

:default_biggrin::default_biggrin::default_biggrin:

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

On our way to MS for Trip 15 (whoopee!). This one's a bonus trip as one of our new Syndicate members couldn't use their week.

Currently at the La Hogue Farm Shop cafe for lunch. The day is warming up too, so a good start to the holiday. 

:default_biggrin::default_biggrin::default_biggrin:

Who would have thought, when we showed you and your hubby round Shadow at Norwich yacht station all those years ago, that it would come to this.  Funny old world!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I remember it well Sue. May 2017! The boat was so cosy, you certainly gave us a favourite impression. At that time we thought it would be many years before we could consider buying into a syndicate as we had caring responsibilities at the time. How quickly things change. 

1 hour ago, Broads01 said:

Sorry I didn't get to say hello today, Helen. I was passing through Horning around 2pm so I figured it would be too early for you to be on board.

We were on the beach at Caister around that time and then went to do our food shop. We didn’t want to turn up too early at the boatyard as that can disrupt the turnaround check.

PXL_20231006_132606358.thumb.jpg.189317c9d7bb44cc2554ac1ee3deea9b.jpg

Lovely sunset this evening. 

PXL_20231006_172515575.thumb.jpg.a3010dbfed91835e6e5cb981f60e8eb5.jpg

• Like 5

As you will have seen, we joined the lads week flotilla from Acle, through Yarmouth and across Braydon. A slightly less staid crossing than our usual! 🤣

Waved farewell at the end of Braydon and are now at Burgh Castle moorings for a doggy comfort break and a spot of lunch before we carry on. 

We managed to pass, or be passed by, Luna Aurora three times this morning, completely confusing Sam in the process. 

Joining the flotilla just above Acle. 

PXL_20231007_080257966.thumb.jpg.96c39c5c47f1fcd41689242236722f1f.jpg

• Like 5

So we get up early to come down south on Saturday so we can go to the Copper Smokehouse for Sunday lunch (one of our shareholders keeps going on about how good it is), so I phoned earlier to book a table only to find they are closed for staff holidays.

:default_badday:

and

:default_crying1animated:

At least we have a nice quiet mooring in Oulton Dyke. Much quieter than the Yacht Station. 

PXL_20231007_135254039.thumb.jpg.e4234ac63eef839f4557d4ee7e2e472b.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, YnysMon said:

As you will have seen, we joined the lads week flotilla from Acle, through Yarmouth and across Braydon. A slightly less staid crossing than our usual! 🤣

I thought that when I saw the photos! Hopefully you enjoyed the fun of "giving it the beans" on Breydon 🙂.