With All The Utensils To Cooking

Andrewcook

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

I think the smell of bacon wafting across a river in the early morning is one of the nicest things. Not quite so later in the day though, bbq smells are better then. 

I think the smell of bacon cooking is sometimes better than the real thing.    That and fried onions from a distance.

5 hours ago, Bluebell said:

Haha. Yes, it was, thanks for jogging the old memory!

Not Vimto, we weren't that posh , but a small bottle of Pepsi Cola and one packet of Smith Crisps my Dad used to get me and my sister  on a Thursday which was pay day for the RAF.    And that folks was it.   None of this cupboards full of sweets and chocolates and crisps that they have today, and Lord help you if you helped yourself to anything in the cupboard, (we did not have a fridge until the 60s).     Dreadful really.   I wouldnt mind but my parents were well off compared to some, and now I know how.

• Like 1

When we married in sixty's we had a marble slab with a safe on top in cupboard under the stairs milk stood in bucket of water, then children came along then fridge purchased on hp, but one shopped daily then and milk delivered each day. John