Beccles Quay Facilities Upgrade

FairTmiddlin

16 hours ago, Boatingman said:

BA had a Information Center at the Quay for many years

which they closed due to lack of support

Whilst I think it is a good idea why close then re-open

Ray

The resurgence in popularity & lengthening of the season sounds a pretty good reason & having lost the Norwich TIC where the Whitlingham  staff were to be redeployed & could always be changed to being staffed by volunteers? The "hub" idea has been around for some time so a good place to start & promote the South for a change  

• Like 2

Gas Dyke has been cleared of all the small "locals" boats which are all moored on the North side of the Yacht Station taking up all the moorings at that side, It's clear ready dredging but i heard there's a hold up regarding who is responsible for dredging it. I'll back there in a couple of weeks and will see how far they are on with it.

47 minutes ago, petersjoy said:

Gas Dyke has been cleared of all the small "locals" boats which are all moored on the North side

Does that mean we should book a mooring if we want to go to Beccles next week? I wouldn't normally bother in November. I've heard that it's super busy this week, but then it is half term. I was expecting it to be very quiet next week.