Friday Night Quiz 2022

Tigerhawk

Taking my turn to be QM this week here are the topics for Friday’s quiz. A literary theme to the title of each round. All are tenuous links to the questions! You do not need to know anything about the books  🤭

Emma

Little Women

Treasure Island 

Animal Farm

The Wind In The Willows

Hope to see as many as can make it this week. 

https://www.nbnplus.co.uk/chat/

No password needed. Kick off about 8.35. 👍

• Like 2

well I have read all the books except for the first 2, so that at least gives me a chance, How much I remember of them may be a different matter, as in my youth I was a voracious reader, a book every day from the school library, 12 books a week (4 non fiction) from the local library, and probably a half dozen paperbacks on top. this was before we had a tv at home, or computers come to that.

1 hour ago, grendel said:

well I have read all the books except for the first 2, so that at least gives me a chance,

These really are just the titles of the rounds so … who knows what the questions might be. I needed inspiration for subjects. :default_rofl:

• Like 1

Oh dear - English Lit was never a strong subject for me. In fact, it was my worst at school.

I got a 'U' in my O Level mock, and an E in the actual exam. Was reading one of the books for the first time on the train, on the way to the exam !

Much preferred reading technical books and manuals to plays, novels, and fiction. 

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

It’s really not a literature based quiz … open minds are needed … you may well be able to guess what some of the questions might be centred around … and if not then all will be revealed on the night. 👍

16 minutes ago, SwanR said:

It’s really not a literature based quiz … open minds are needed … you may well be able to guess what some of the questions might be centred around … and if not then all will be revealed on the night. 👍

It's fine - I don't mind taking part in the quiz and not being able to answer any questions correctly :default_rofl:

• Haha 3

On 05/07/2022 at 07:10, SwanR said:

Taking my turn to be QM this week here are the topics for Friday’s quiz. A literary theme to the title of each round. All are tenuous links to the questions! You do not need to know anything about the books  🤭

Emma

Little Women

Treasure Island 

Animal Farm

The Wind In The Willows

Hope to see as many as can make it this week. 

https://www.nbnplus.co.uk/chat/

No password needed. Kick off about 8.35. 👍

Friday already … don’t forget to be there. :default_icon_wave:

• Like 1

Jean, so sorry but I’ll have to give it a miss. I arrived at the boat at 8am to see Catherine before they left for home. Being nearly a 4 hr journey you can imagine what time I got up this morning. 
Have fun everyone. Xx

• Thanks 1

Well that was such a fun evening. I really enjoyed being QM this week and it was a closely fought contest all the way. So many people getting bonus points all over the place for their charm, wit and psychic abilities. :default_rofl:

In the end it was Bern that came out on top with 16 points.

Well done Bern ... look forward to catching up with everyone again next week. :default_drink_2:

• Like 4

Great Quiz SwanR. Nik and I laughed the whole way through. Great questions. Plenty of clever people "doing a Biker" and getting extra points for anticipating the answers and plenty of good banter and bonus points.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteveO said:

Great Quiz SwanR. Nik and I laughed the whole way through. Great questions. Plenty of clever people "doing a Biker" and getting extra points for anticipating the answers and plenty of good banter and bonus points.  

And as for 'doing a Biker', I am truly honoured to have the practice named after me :default_rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Last weeks quiz will be a really hard act to follow, Jean had us all in stitches all evening, really great fun.

My offering for tomorrow is the quiz I originally planned to do last month, so topics as follows

1. Around Britain

2. Duets

3. Formerly known as

Break for wine

4. Backing Bands

5. Numbers

6. General ignorance

Hope to see you there about 8.30 in the chatroom Biker points may be available:default_biggrin:

enter username - no password required; https://www.nbnplus.co.uk/chat/

Any one heard how Arthur is?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Thank you to all that took part tonight, the results were,

in third place on 18 points was Polly

in second place on 20 points was Grendel 

and the runaway winner on 29 points was Tiger Hawk who will be question master next week

There were loads of Biker bonus points tonight and Bikertov's bonus points were doubled lol. 

Great to see Arthur in again but not for the reasons he was there, thoughts and best wishes Arthur xxx

• Like 3