Richardsons Forward drve 45. (RF45)

Clive,

Does she have the same engine as Broadsman, 6 more weeks and we look forward to cruising on another new build.

Hi Mark,

The whole set up is the same as Broadsman/Carousel, apart from the heating.

have a good trip when you go, not long now!

• 3 months later...

we realise that we should have built more than one but the bookings were not too sharp until we launched her by which time we had already made plans to build a shorter version and also build more 'Broadsman' Class.

The price will go up next year but obviously if everyone has taken advantage of this years prices for next year then well done!

The 38'  version should be cheaper but not sure how much, there are a few bookings on the first one already I think, she as been released from May 2014.

• 2 months later...

Not had many updates on this thread so here goes!

we created the 38' hull using a 3 part plant in the 45' hull mould,

in this picture you can see the middle part of the plant which incorporates the blank for the keel..

post-144-0-55319200-1387836067_thumb.jpg

post-144-0-83995500-1387836210_thumb.jpg

We then created a deck ring using the RL45 superstructure mould which was split at the joining flange we made with this shorter version in mind.. the flange was included in the deck ring as was  a section of the roof.

post-144-0-39440700-1387836525_thumb.jpg

post-144-0-03580300-1387836568_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Because of the sloping sheer and the transom being further forward the rear deck height will be higher than the  45' version, with this in mind we used the aft end of the RC45 as it has an extra step in the deck, however there was plenty of narrowing, chopping filling and faring needed to make things look right but they  are spot on now and ready for making the mould as soon as we get back in January.

These photos do not show the finished plug, I did not take any of it, they actually don't show very much but they are better than nothing!

post-144-0-12404000-1387837253_thumb.jpg

post-144-0-61202800-1387837300_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I've just been looking at the 'platinum fleet' on Richardson's website, something I've avoided doing in the past, as I'm very easily tempted to spend my husband's money. As an instance of this, I went on to the site on Monday (just browsing, you know) with the result that we are now booked on San Bernado for two weeks in September.

Anyway, Clive, I've fallen in love with Broadlander - whoever designed the interior should get an award. I'm a big fan of Art Deco and those black doors and grey furnishings together with the colour of the wood really take boat design to the next level.  People rave over the new Broom boats, but Broadlander makes them look ordinary and a bit 'last century'.

Please congratulate everyone involved.  We don't normally 'push the boat out' for a Broads holiday as we like to have an overseas holiday or two as well, but I'd be prepared to sacrifice that for Broadlander

• Like 2

Err there's a bloke jumpin up n down on the Medway, he's heard he may have FREEDOM soon! Grace any relation to you? :naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty:  ;) .

Can see it now, Broadlander makes advances to valuptuos female. Omg watever next!

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...